1. Which of the following lake is situated at an altitude of 3962 meters where the Gaddi Tribals visit on Janamashtami to offer prayers?
(a) Machhiyal Lake
(b) Lama Dal Lake
(c) Ghadasaru Lake
(d) Kumarwah Lake
Answer: Lama Dal Lake
2. Which of the following temple of H. P. has been rated as one of the finest monuments of the Western Himalayas and a unique example of later Gupta Tradition?
(a) Masrur Temples
(b) Hidimba Temple
(c) Baijnath Temple
(d) Bajaura Temple
Answer: Bajaura Temple
3. Who is the Chairman of ‘State Women Council’ constituted to review and monitor the effective implementation of ‘National Policy for the Empowerment of Women 2001’ (NPEW) and to advise on the policy matter?
(a) Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment
(b) Education Minister
(c) Health Minister
(d) Thief Minister
Answer: Thief Minister
4. Which of the following incident was termed as ‘Shimla Terror’ and `Shimla Genocide’ by the English newspapers in England?
(a) Revolt of 1857
(b) Anglo-Gurkha War
(c) Dhami Firing incident
(d) Quit India Movement
Answer: Revolt of 1857
5. Who designed Christ Church at Shimla and St. George Church at Agra?
(a) A. H. E. Boileau
(b) J. T. Boileau
(c) Henry Irwin
(d) H. S. Harringtom
Answer: J.T. Boileau
6. Which of the following place was known as Baltohianaula Shehar’and ‘Chhota Muradabad’ for its brass utensils of various sizes and shape?
7. Women of which district have decided to plant sea-buck thorn in the region to conserve the environment, which is considered an eco-friendly plant for that area?
8. Match list one and list two and select the correct answer from the codes given below —
List one (Thakurais)
List two (Area)
(A) 14455555555 Sq. mile
(B) 094 Sq. mile
(C) 295 Sq. mile
(D) 070 Sq. mile
(E) 297 Sq. mile
Codes : (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
(a) C A D E
(b) B C D A
(c) C A E D
(d) D C A E
Answer: C A E D
9. An which district of H.P. the proportion of 7.8 percent population of Scheduled Caste is recorded, which is the lowest in the State?
10. In which district of H.P. two Eulogies (Prasastis) have been found having mention of the focal Chief Lakshmana or Lakshman Chandra and his overlord King Jayachandra?
11. The person who set up an apple orchard ‘Bundrole Orchard’ in 1870 after obtaining plants from U.K. was —
(a) Cap. R. C. Lee
(b) Capt. A. T. Banon
(c) Capt. Harcourt
(d) Cap. Monday
Answer: Cap. R. C. Lee
12. Which of the following building earned national recognition and the ‘Vishwakarma Award — 2011’ to the Public Works Department by the Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) for having several unique features in the project?
(a) High Court Building
(b) Police Headquarter Building
(c) Nirman Bhawan
(d) IGMC Building
Answer: Nirman Bhawan
13. The Bill namely ‘The State of Himachal Pradesh Act’, which was introduced in the Parliament on July 31, 1970 to elevate the status of H. P. to a full-fledged state was passed by the Union Parliament on —
(a) 15th September, 1970
(b) 24th September, 1970
(c) 18th November, 1970
(d) 18Th December, 1970
Answer: 18th November, 1970
14. Who amongst the following notable persons never contributed to the cause of education in the Pradesh?
(a) Pandit Ram Saran
(b) Satya Nand Stokes
(c) Pratap Singh Negi
(d) Bansi Lal Padha
Answer: Bansi Lal Padha
15. What is the net sown area in Himachal Pradesh out of the total geographical area of 55.67 lakh hectare?
(a) 3.35 lakh hectare
(b) 2.73 lakh hectare
(c) 5.83 lakh hectare
(d) 10.2 lakh hectare
Answer: 5.83 lakh hectare
16. To make tourists familiar with the ancient cultural heritage of the state and to train the local youngsters as cultural guide with the objective to provide themselves employment, a scheme has been started by Govt. of H. P. Name of the scheme is
(a) Aaj Purani Rahon Se
(b) Gaon Bhi Apna Sheher Bhi Apna
(c) Nai Raahein Nai Manzilein
(d) Jaane Kahan Gaye vo Din
Answer: Aaj Purani Rahon Se
17. Which pass provides the main approach to Spiti from Lahaul?
(a) Manirang Pass
(b) Hamta Pass
(c) Kunzum Pass
(d) Baralacha Pass
Answer: Kunzum Pass
18. The Chinese Pilgrim Hiuen-Tsang called the Chandertal with which name?
(a) Brighu Sarovar
(b) Lohtiya Sarovar
(c) Manas Tal
(d) Swam Tal
Answer: Lohtiya Sarovar
19. To tap the curative potential of hot water spring, HPTDC has built Turkish type baths near which hot water spring of H.P.?
20. ‘Pacha’, ‘Shill’ and ‘Tapan’ are some prominent names in Chandra Valley?
(d) Hot water springs
21. According to Greierson who were the earlier known Indo-Aryans of the Himalayan tract?
22. Famous Philologist Dr.Grierson called with what name to the common language (Pahari) of Himachal Pradesh?
(a) Western Pahari
(b) Eastern Pahari
(c) Central Pahari
(d) Common Pahari
Answer: Eastern Pahari
23. Kinnauri women were compared to whom on account of their woollens raiment by ‘Cummins’?
(a) Arabian g
(b) Germans and Russians
(c) Scottish and Algerian
(d) Chinese and Korians
Answer: Scottish and Algerian
24. In which district ‘Marich Hawan Kund’ is located which was reopened after 900 years in 2005?
25. Which of the following Gompa has the largest collection of ‘Kangyur and Tangyur’?
(a) Sashur Gompa
(b) Gemur Gompa
(c) Tayul Gompa
26. In which year the famous Chamba Rumal was declared world heritage by UNESCO?
(a) 15th June, 2018
(b) 124th September, 2010
(c) 31st October, 2008
(d) 24th November, 2005
Answer: 31st October, 2008
27. At which place in Kullu district, the Indian Council of Animal Research is maintaining fur Animal Division’?
28. Who amongst the following donated the ‘Hall Estate’ to the ‘International Roerich Memorial Trust’ which is now known as the ‘Roerich Art Gallary’?
(a) Indira Gandhi
(b) Arnrit Kaur
(c) Devika Rani
(d) Sarojini Naidu
Answer: Devika Rani
29. Apple the most important fruit crop of the state constitute what percentage of the total fruit production of H.P.?
(c) 70 %
30. Which of the following reservoir of H.P. has the distinction of highest per hectare fish production in the country?
(b) Ranjit Sagar Darn
(c) Pong Dam
(d) Govind Sagar
Answer: Govind Sagar
31. ‘One citizen one tree campaign’ is a campaign with the airm to plant more trees is launched by which of the following states:
32. Nandan Nilekani Committee has been set up by the Government of India —
(a) To review the existing status of demonetization of currency
(b)To review the existing status of urbanization in India
(c) To review the existing status of School education in India
(d) To review the existing status of digitization of payments in the country
Answer: To review the existing status of digitization of payments in the country
33. What is the name of the recently developed world’s thinnest gold?
(a) Micro seaweed
(b) Nano Seaweed
(c) Small seaweed
(d) Atom seaweed
Answer: Nano Seaweed
34. Which initiative is launched by the NITI Aayog to promote innovation at the community level in underserved rural regions of India?
(a) Atal Innovation Mission Centre
(b) Atal Community Innovation Centre
(c) Atal Community Innovation Mission
(d) Programme for Atal Community Innovation
Answer: Atal Community Innovation Centre
35. Yohei Sasakawa got the Gandhi Peace Prize for the year, 2018 for his contribution in-
(a) Poverty eradication in India and across the world
(b) Child Labor eradication in India and across the world
(c) Leprosy eradication in India and across the world
(d) Addressing the issue of hunger in India and across the world
Answer: Leprosy eradication in India and across the world
36. Which of the following Indian celebrities has been appointed as new SDG Advocate of UN?
(a) Amitabh Bachchan
(c) Priyanka Chopra
(d) Vivek Oberoi
37. An all women police patrol unit ‘Rani Abbakka Force’ has been introduced in which of the following cities?
38. Which book has won the 2019 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction?
(a) The Overstory by Richard Powers
(b) Sacred by Kelly Link
(c) Grand by Adam Hutchinson
(d) Less by Andrew Sean Greer
Answer: The Overstory by Richard Powers
39. The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019 provides that —
(a) All declarations of instant triple talaq will be void and illegal
(b) Instant triple talaq remains a cognizable offence with a maximum of three years imprisonment and a fine
(c) The offence is non-bailable
(d) All of the above
Answer: All of the above
40. Who of the following has been appointed recently as the Country Representative to International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) India?
(a) Vivek Saxena
(b) Meenakshi Datta Ghosh
(c)-Priya Ranjan Sinha
(d) Grethel Aguilar
Answer: Vivek Saxena
41. The Women and Child Development Ministry launched online platform She-box’ to enable women employees to file complaints related to sexual harassment at the workplace. In She, ‘e’ refers to:
42. Name the country which announced one month free visa on arrival to forigen nationals from nearly 50 nations:
(a) Sri Lanka
Answer: Sri Lanka
43. Jyske Bank, which has launched world’s first negative interest rate mortgage, is associated to which country?
44. India’s first water clinic for elephants has operied in which of the following cities?
45. STRIDE, which is in news recently, is associated to which of the following issues?
(a) To boost research culture
(b) To boost women empowerment
(c) To boost tribal development
(d) To protect water bodies
Answer: To boost research culture
46. Which international organization has recently released its report ‘Working on a Warmer Planet’?
47. Which of the following Indian mountains was included by UNESCO in the tentative list of World Heritage Sites recently?
(a) Mount Trishul
(b) Mount Kamet
(c) Mount Kailash
(d) Mount Nanda Devi
Answer: Mount Kailash
48. Who has become the first Indian to win an individual medal at the Gymanstics World Cup?
(a) Aruna Budda Reddy
(b) Aditya Ranjan
(c) Sachin Reddy
(d) Sakhya Krishnan
Answer: Aruna Budda Reddy
49. Which state government has launched `KHUSHI’ scheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls?
50. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the World Hindi Secretariat building in?
(a) Sri Lanka
51. Which UT has become the first in India to be 100% solar energy efficient?
52. Which country launched its first commercial movie theatre after a nearly 40 year ban?
(a) Saudi Arabia
Answer: Saudi Arabia
53. English Language Day is observed on April 23rd. It is the birthday and date of death of which famous writer?
(a) Oscar Wilde
(b) Charles Dickens
(c) John Milton
(d) William Shakespeare
Answer: William Shakespeare
54. Who has recently been awarded the MS Swaminathan award for Environment Protection 2019?
(a) Jose Graziano da Silva
(b) Achim Steiner
(c) Antonio Guterres
55. M Quinn fr.f Which Government has passed an amendment by which Sikhs in the country will be allowed to carry kirpans and use it during religious and cultural functions?
(c) United Kingdom
(d) United States
Answer: United Kingdom
56. In which Indian city the first Tree Ambulence has been inaugurated?
(c) New Delhi
57. LIC’s slogan `yogakshemam vahaamyaham’ is which means in English ‘Your welfare is our responsibility’ is derived from which of the following ancient Hindu text?
(a) Bhagwad Gita
Answer: Bhagwad Gita
58. The Lok Sabha has passed the Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018, which seeks to remove which disease as a ground for divorce?
59. Which of the following cities has become the world’s first National Park City?
(b) New York
(d) Mexico city
60. Which country has lost its first glacier named ‘Okjokull Glacier’ due to climate change?
61. Which country topped Asia in Dell Global Women Enti Sin Cities Index 2019?
62. The scientists of which country have developed a concept named Ramanujan Machine?
(c) United States
63. The interpretation of the Constitution of India is based on the spirit of —
(a) Fundamental Duties
(b) Fundamental Rights
(d) Federal System
64. The Fundamental Duties in the Constitution of India were adopted from —
(a) Canadian Constitution
(b) Russian Constitution
(c) American Constitution
(d) French Constitution
Answer: Russian Constitution
65. The Constitution of India empowers the Supreme Court of India to adjudicate disputes between the Centre and the States through:
(a) Appellate Jurisdiction
(b) Advisory Jurisdiction
(c) Writ Jurisdiction
(d) Original Jurisdiction
Answer: Original Jurisdiction
- In Democracy, source of Authority is vested in —
(a) The People
(b) The Party
(c) The Constitution
(d) The Law
Answer: The People
67. In India, the concept of single citizenship is adopted from —
68. Which one of the following Institutions is responsible for Social Audit?
(a) Gram Sabha
(b) Village Panchayat
(c) Intermediate Panchayat (Panchayat Samiti)
(d) District Panchayat (Zila Parishad)
Answer: Gram Sabha
69. Which of the following does not secrete any hormone?
70. Human saliva contains Ptyalin which digests —
- Which of the following is the secondary pollutant?
(b) Carbon dioxide
(c) Carbon mono-oxide
72. Which has maximum caloric value?
(d) Amino acids
73. Which of the following electromagnetic radiations has the maximum energy?
(a) Visible light
(b) Infrared rays
(c) Ultraviolet rays
74. Which of the following elements is a semi conductor?
75. A seed can germinate in the absence of –
(a) Adequate light
(b) Supply of oxygen
(c) Suitable moisture
(d) Suitable temperature
Answer: Adequate light
76. The plants which grow under water stress condition of deserts are —
77. Identify from among the following, who is not associated with the Prarthana Samaj?
(a) Atma Ram Pandurang
(b) Mahadev Gobind Ranade
(c) Veerasalingam Pantulu
(d) Pandit Lekh Ram
Answer: Pandit Lekh Ram
78. Consider the following, and arrange them in chronological order from the code given below:-
(i) The Tribune
(ii) Hindoo Patriot
(iii) Indian Mirror
(A) (ii); (iv); (iii), (i)
(B) (ii); (iii), (i); (iv)
(C) (iv); (ii); (iii); (i)
(D) (iii); (i); (ii); (iv)
Answer: (ii); (iv); (iii), (i)
79. Which of the following statements is not correct?
(a) B.R. Ambedkar did not trust Gandhiji
(b) The local leaders of Kheda movement got in touch with Gandhil throu h Vinoba Bhave
(c) The no-revenue campaign in kheda was started by its local leaders
(d) Sardar Patel had great trust and regard for the civil services
Answer: The local leaders of Kheda movement got in touch with Gandhil throu h Vinoba Bhave
80. Which of the following is correct about the Home Rule Leagues of Lakamanya Tilak and Annie Besant?
(a) Annie Besant started it first and Tilak later
(b) Tilak started it in April 1916 and Annie Besant in September, 1916
(c) Annie Besant started it in September, 1916 and Tilak in August, 1916
(d) Tilak started it in June, 1916 and Annie Besant in July, 1916
Answer: Tilak started it in April 1916 and Annie Besant in September, 1916
81. Where was accepted the suggestion of Non-Cooperation and the leadership of Gandhiji to lead the Khilafat movement by the Khilafat Committee in 1920?
82. Of the following, which is correct about the formation of various socio-political organizations by B.R. Ambedkar?
(a) He formed the Independent Labour Party in 1937
(b) He formed the Peoples’ Education Society in 1943
(c) He formed the All India Scheduled Caste Federation in 1942
(d) He formed a Buddhist Society in 1934
Answer: He formed the All India Scheduled Caste Federation in 1942
83. Who of the following wrote to the Governor General protesting against the government proposal to open a Sanskrit College in Culcutta?
(a) Bankim Chandra Chatterji
(b) Sayyid Ahmad Khan
(c) Annie Besant
(d) Ram Mohan Roy
Answer: Ram Mohan Roy
84. Which of the following is correct about Swami Dayananda Saraswati?
(a) He criticised strongly the varna system of the Veda
(b) His work, the Satyartha Prakash was published in 1874
(c). He went to Calcutta and met the Brahma including Keshab Chandra Sen there
(d) He did not believe in the theory of Karma
Answer: He went to Calcutta and met the Brahma including Keshab Chandra Sen there
85. Identify from among the following the later scholar of the Deoband School who supported the Pakistan Movement?
(a) Husayn Ahmad Madani
(b) Muhammad Qasim Nanotawi
(c) Shabbir Ahmad Uthmani
(d) Mahmud al-Hasan
Answer: Shabbir Ahmad Uthmani
86, Which of the following Brahmo Samajas (after various splits) persisted and remained a force for reforms in Bengal?
(a) The Brahmo Samaj of India & Calcutta
(b) The Brahmo Samaj
(c) Adi Brahmo Samaj
(d) The Sadharan Brahmo Samaj
Answer: The Sadharan Brahmo Samaj
87. Which of the following is the subject of Bankim Chandra Chatterjee’s book, the Anandamath?
(a) The Sannyasi Rebellion
(b) The Santhal Uprising
(c) The Paik Rebellion
(d) The Satnami Revolt
Answer: The Sannyasi Rebellion
88. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) Annie Besant — Madras Christian Forum
(b) Sayyid Ahmad Khan — Scientific Society
(c) G.K. Gokhale — The Servants of India Society
(d) Keshab Chandra Sen — Indian Reform Association
Answer: Annie Besant — Madras Christian Forum
89. Productivity of Indian agriculture can be enhanced by:
(a) Increased public investment
(b) Increased irrigation facilities
(c) Shifting workers from industry to agriculture
(d) Higher support price to the farmers
Answer: Increased irrigation facilities
90. Fiscal deficit less interest payment is called:
(a) Net fiscal deficit
(b) Monetised deficit
(c) Primary deficit
(d) Budgetary deficit .
Answer: Primary deficit
91. Which of the following is a most likely consequence of implementing the ‘United Payments Interface (UPI)?
(a) Mobile wallets will not be necessary for online payments
(b) Digital currency will totally replace the physical currency in about two decades
(c) FDI inflows will drastically increase
(d) Direct transfer of susidies to poor people will become very effective
Answer: Mobile wallets will not be necessary for online payments
92. If the Reserve Bank of India lowers reserve requirements, which of the following is most likely to happen to interest rates and nominal gross domestic product?
Interest Rates Nominal Gross Domestic Product
(a) Increase Decrease
(b) Increase Increase
(c) Decrease Decrease
(d) Decrease Increase
Answer: Decrease Increase
93. Consider the following statements:
(i) National payments corporation of India (NPCI) helps in promoting the financial inclusion in the Country.
(ii) NPCI has launched RuPay, a card payment scheme.
Which of the statement given below is / are correct?
(a) 1 Only
(b) Both 1 and 2
(c) 2 Only
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
Answer: 2 Only
94. ‘ Per drop more crop’ is the Key goal of:
(a) Micro irrigation fund under NABARD
(b) Pradhan Mantri Sinchai Yojana
(c) Long Term irrigation fund under NABARD
(d). National Watershed Development Programme
Answer: Long Term irrigation fund under NABARD
95. Mango go-showers are most prevalent in which of the following areas?
(a) Eastern Ghats
(b) Coastal Karnataka
(c) Uttar Pradesh
(d) Orissa Coast
Answer: Coastal Karnataka
96. Which one of the following is not a land use category in India?
(a) Fallow land
(b) Marginal Land
(c) Net area sown
(d) Culturable waste land
Answer: Marginal Land
97. India produces most of its coffee production in the form of —
98. In which one of the following environments does not expect the presence of dispersed rural settlements in India?
(a) Forests and hills in North-East
(b) Arid and Semi-Arid regions of Haryana
(c) Alluvial plains of Ganga
(d) Lower valleys of Himalayas
Answer: Alluvial plains of Ganga
99. Who is considered as the marginal worker according to standard census definition?
(a) A person who works for at least 183 days in a year
(b) A person who works for less than 183 days in a year
(c) A person who works for at least 150 days in a year
(d) A person who works for less than 150 days in a year
Answer: A person who works for less than 183 days in a year
100. Physiological density of population is defined as —
(a) Total population divided by area
(b) Total agricultural population divided by net cultivable area
(c) Total population divided by net cultivated area
(d) Total area divided by total population
Answer: Total population divided by net cultivated area