1. Which river divides Sirmaur District of H.P. into almost equal parts?
2. Which region of H.P. gets minimum rain annually?
(D) Dodra Kawar
3. In which District of H.P. is Lama Dal Lake?
4. Which one of the following rivers is a tributary of Spiti river?
5. Which river of H.P. is called by the local people as river of sorrow?
6. With which doity is Manikaran (in Kullu Valley) associated?
7. Which of the following waterfalls is not in Chamba District of H.P.?
8. Which is the largest glacier in H.P.?
(C) Bara Shigri
(D) Beas Kund
Answer: Bara Shigri
9. In which district of H.P. is Cholang peak?
10. Which pass joins Kangra and Chamba?
11. Which of the following is not in Kullu valley of H.P.?
(A) Nehru Kund
(B) Roerich Art Gallery
(C) Naggar Castle
12. Which village of Shimla District was swept away by the Andhra river in 1997?
13. In which locality of Chamba is Harirai temple?
14. At which place in Una District of H.P. is Pir Nigaha fair celebrated?
15. Which festival is celebrated mainly by the Gaddis in H.P.?
16. In which month is Nalwari fair celebrated in Bilaspur (H.P.)?
17. In which region of H.P. is Baghati dialect spoken?
18. Where is Fruit Domonstration Farm in Una District of H.P.?
19. When did H.P. Abolition of Big Landed Estates Act receive Presidential assent?
20. With which region of H.P. is devil dance mainly associated?
21. Which ancient sage is worshipped in Bilaspur District of H.P.?
22. What has been the main source of information about Ranas and Thakurs of H.P.?
(B) Baijnath Eulogies
(C) Inscriptions found in Chamba State
(D)All of the above
Answer: All of the above
23. When did the Rana of Keonthal receive the title of Raja from the British Government?
24. Who is the author of Antiquities of Chamba State?
(A) J. PH. Vogel
(B) G.T. Vigne
(C) J.B. Lyall
Answer: J. PH. Vogel
25. Which head of illustrious house of Trigarta married his daughter to the Rana Kiragram who was one of his vassals?
(A) Hirdaya Chandra
(B) Jai Chandra
(C) Gajmal Chandra
(D) Drupad Chandra
Answer: Hirdaya Chandra
26. Which Raja of Kullu subdued the Thalurs, around the middle of 16th Century , who frequently challenged his authorities ?
(A) Bidhi Singh
(B) Man Singh
(C) Pratap Singh
(D) Bahadur Singh
Answer: Bahadur Singh
27. Rana of which region of Kangra is said to have offered his own daughter-in-law as a sacrifice for opening of water course ?
28. According to Cunningham which princely states constitute Kangra Group of states ?
(A) those between Jhelum and Beas
(B) those between Ravi and Beas
(C) those between Beas and Satluj
(D) those between Ravi and Satluj
Answer: those between Ravi and Satluj
29. Which one of the following is considered a Mohammedan state by Hutchison and Vogel ?
30. Which of the following princely states were off-shoots of Guler ?
(A) Shahpur and Siba
(B) Siba and Datarpur
(C) Kotla and Jaswan
(D) Shahpur and Kotla
Answer: Siba and Datarpur
31. Who was the first European to visit Kangra around 1615 A.D. ?
(C) Thomas Coryat
(D) Thomas Roe
Answer: Thomas Coryat
32. Which Raja of Kumarsain occupied the fort of Shangri and defeated the Raja of Kullu at Krangla and Nagi ?
(A) Madan Singh
(B) Kehar Singh
(C) Pritam Singh
(D) Ajmer Singh
Answer: Ajmer Singh
33. Which Raja of Bilaspur princely state made the revenue demand payable partly iin cash and partly in kind ?
(A) Mahan Chand
(B) Kharak Chand
(C) Jagat Chand
(D) Hira Chand
Answer: Jagat Chand
34. Which Raja of Banghal was treacherously murdered by Sidh Scn, the Raja of Mandi ?
(A) Raghunath Pal
(B) Dalel Pal
(C) Prithi Pal
(D) Man Pal
Answer: Prithi Pal
35. With which region of H.P. is Burah and Sih ballets associated ?
36. In which region of H.P. is Quila Lohgarh?
37. Near which of the following places in Kangra District is Chinmaya Sandeepani Himalaya Ashram?
(C) Nagrota Bagwan
38. Who composed the inspirational song of the Azad Hind Fauz –Kadam Kadam Barhaya Ja…?
(A) Baba Kanshi Ram
(B) Lal Chand Prathi
(C) Ram Singh Thakur
(D) Prof. Yashpal
Answer: Ram Singh Thakur
39. Who is the author of the Himalayas ; The Adobe of Light ?
(A) Norah Richard
(B) Nicholas Roerich
(C) Saradar Shobha Singh
(D) Amrita Shergill
Answer: Nicholas Roerich
40. Whose autobiography is titled Looking Back?
(A)Thakur Sen Negi
(B) Satyanand Stokes
(C) Mehar Chand Mahajan
(D) Som Rachan
Answer: Mehar Chand Mahajan
41. In which District of the H.P is Triund ?
42. On which river is Sissu Hydel Project ?
43. When was special Employment Exchange for the physically handicapped set Up in H.P ?
44. Which district of H.P got maximum rain in the 2014 during the post – monsoon session ( October to December) ?
45. Where is Aero sport Hostel in H.P ?
(C) Bir Billing
(D) Jubbar Hatti
Answer: Bir Billing
46. Where is the sapni fort in Kinnaur district of the H.P ?
47. Which Raja of Sirmaur built Nahan Kothi in Panchukla ?
(A) Karam Prakash
(B) Fateh Prakash
(C) Jagat Prakash
(D) Dharam Prakash
Answer: Fateh Prakash
48. Which subdivision of the H.P witnessed high incidence of the Hepatitis B and C during the 2014-2015 ?
(A) Dharmaur in Chmaba
(B) Spiti in Lahul-Spiti
(C) Rajgarh in Sirmaur
(D) Karsog in Mandi
Answer: Spiti in Lahul-Spiti
49. On which of the following grounds will the 2015 All India Hot Weather Football Tournament be played ?
(A) Dhalpur in Kullu
(B) Chaugan in Chamba
(C) Luhanu in Bilaspur
(D) Paddal in Mandi
Answer: Paddal in Mandi
50. Who is the President of H.P State Youth Congress?
(A) Naresh Chauahn
(B) Vikramaditya Singh
(C) Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu
(D) Harbhajan Singh Bhajji
Answer: Vikramaditya Singh
51. How many turbines are there in the 800 MW Kol Dam Project?
52. In which year was the Shimla Municipal Committee replaced by Shimla Municipal Corporation?
53. When was the Town-Hall building the nerve centre of Shimla, constructed with stone and limber?
54. In which building was Shimla Agreement signed by Mrs. Indira Gandhi and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto in August 1972?
(A) Gorton Castle
(B) Barnes Court
(D) Bantany Castle
Answer: Barnes Court
55. Which of the following is second heritage site in Himachal Pradesh?
(A) Kalka-Shimla Train
(B) Great Himalayan National Park
(C) Kangra Fort
(D) Rashtrapati Nivas Shimla now Housing IIAS.
Answer: Great Himalayan National Park
56. When was Shimla Officially declared the summer capital of British Empire in India?
57. For which Block in H.P has NABARD sanctioned funds under Tribal Development Programme?
(A) Mahla In Chamba
(B) Ghumarwin in Bilaspur
(C) Amb in Una
(D) Nichar in Kinnaur
Answer: Amb in Una
58. At which Bus-stand has HRTC opened APNA Store/Mall?
59. What was the annual growth rate in the Primary Sector in H.P during 2013-14?
(A) 9.6 percent
(B) 12.5 percent
(C) 14.9 percent
(D) 15.3 percent
Answer: 15.3 percent
60. Which Category of Banks has issued the highest number of Kissan Credit Cards in H.P upto September 2014.
(A) Commercial Banks
(B) Cooperative Banks
(C) Regional Rural Banks
(D) Other Private Banks.
Answer: Commercial Banks
61. According to Gandhiji which of the following has made India Bankrup?
(D) all of the above.
Answer: all of the above
62. Which event did Gandhiji regard as advent of Satyagrapha in India?
(A) Visit to Shantiniketan
(B) Viramgram Customs
(C) Plague at Wadhwan
(D) Visit to Rajkot
Answer: Viramgram Customs
63. What name did Gandhiji give to his Ashram at Ahmedabad?\
(C) Satyagraha Ashram
(D) Vaishnav Ashram
Answer: Satyagraha Ashram
64. Which three things Gandhiji vowed not to touch in England?
(A) Wine, Tabacco and Meat
(B) Tobacco, Meat and Women
(C) Women, Tobacco and Wine
(D) Wine, Women and Meat
Answer: Wine, Women and Meat
65. Where did Gandhiji meet a lady who helped him get rid of untruth?
66. Japan’s Highest Civilian award order of Rising Sun-Gold and Silver Star has been conferred recently on which of the following persons of India?
(A) Prof. C.N.R. Rao
(B) Mr. Narendra Modi
(C) Dr. Anil Kakodkar
(D) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
Answer: Prof. C.N.R. Rao
67. Mission Indradhanush Launched by Government of India aims at:
(A) Housing for all by 2025
(B) Clean drinking water to all homes by 2025
(C) Immunization of all by 2020
(D) Pension or social security for all poor persons by 2025
Answer: Immunization of all by 2020
68. Which Tennis player has won the maximum number of single’s titles at Grand Slam Tournaments?
(A) Martina Navaratilova
(B) Steffi Graf
(C) Sarena Williams
(D) Roger Federer
Answer: Steffi Graf
69. Which of the following years has been designated as the Charlie Chaplin year to commemorate the legend of Satire and filmdom?
70. The deadly ‘Ebola’ became opidemic in which part of Africa?
71. Identify the Asian country as member of an international group of countries involved in negotiations with Iran concerning its Nuclear energy programme:
72. The next international Summit to discuss a new climate change treaty is going to be held in December, 2015 in which city?
73. Which year has been declared as International Year of Soils?
74. In television broadcasting, the term DTH refers to:
(A) Direct to home
(B) Digital Transmission to home
(C) Digital Teleservices to home
(D) Direct Teleservices to home
Answer: Direct to home
75. Which monument in India is completely Wi-Fi?
(A) Taj Mahal
(B) Red Fort
(C) Golden Temple
(D) Qutb Minar
Answer: Taj mahal
76. GSLV is an acronym for:
(A) Geostationsary Satellite Launch Vehicle
(B) Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle
(C) Geostationsary Satellite Launch venue
(D) Geosynchronous Satellite Launch venue
Answer: Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle
77. In a message on International yoga Day, who said the famour lines – “Yoga does not discriminate, brings satisfaction”?
(A) Mr. Narendra Modi
(B) Ban Ki Moon
(C) Shri Shri Ravishankar
(D) Hillary Clinton
Answer: Ban ki Moon
78. In one of the biggest acquisitions Facebook bought which of these?
(D) Google plus +
79. The ‘BRICS Bank’ promoted by BRICS countries has been remanded as:
(A) Development Bank of BRICS
(B) New Development Bank
(C) Development Bank Ine.
(D) Infrastructure Bank.
Answer: New Development Bank
80. The landmark ‘Affordable Care Act’ has been introduced for the first time in which country?
81. Which Australian Cricketer died recently while playing a first class cricket match?
(A) Phil Huges
(B) Kim Huges
(C) Rodney Marsh
(D) Doug Walters
Answer: Phil Huges
82. Which country is the winner of the last Footbal World Cup?
83. India has set a target of generating 100 GW power from solar energy by the year:
84. Which of the following has been identified as the most environment friendly fuel of the future?
(C) Shale Gas
85. The facilities for research on the so-called ‘God’s particle’ are located in which country?
86. The Migratory birds fly in V-formation because:
(A) They feel secure
(B) They avoid colliding with each other
(C) They have aesthetic sense
(D) they make best use of air turbulence
Answer: they make best use of air turbulence
87. Which is the first country in the world to have reached Mars in its first attempt?
88. Which of the following cities is the most polluted city
89. The Virus MERS is:
(A) Middle East Respiratory Syndrome
(B) Middle Europe Respiratory Syndrome
(C) Middle East Respiratory Signal
(D) Middle Europe Respiratory Signal
Answer: Middle East Respiratory Syndrome
90. ‘IoT’ refers to:
(A) Internet of Things
(B) Intranet of Teleservices
(C) International organization of teleservices
(D) Internet Organization of Telecommunication
Answer: Internet of Things
91. The nationwide ‘Jal Kranti Abhiyan’ by Ministry of Water Resources, River Development Ganga Rejuvenation was formally launched from which city?
92. A material called ‘Jahn-Teller’ having a combination of insulator, magnetic, metallic and superconductor properties, was discovered by scientist from which country ?
93. Recently who blue whales were spotted in nearly 100 years of the coast of which State ?
(D) Tamil Nadu
94. In the list of Environment Democracy Index released in the year 2015, which country is at the top ?
95. Which is the largest wind power generating company in India ?
(D) Tata Power
96. Which country in Europe has been facing serious financial crisis threes days ?
97. Charlie Hebdo schooling incident happened in which city ?
98. To help Nepal tackle the crisis in the aftermath of massive earthquake, India launched :
(A) Operation Maitri
(B) Operation Earthquake Relief
(C) Operation Himalaya
(D) Operation Humanitarian
Answer: Operation Maitri
99. The 100th Constitutional Amendment Act, 20015 pertains to Land Boundary Agreement between :
(A) India and Nepal
(B) India and Myanmar
(C) India and Bhutan
(D) India and Bangladesh
Answer: India and Bangladesh
100. Recently announced Mission for rejuvenation and urban transformation is named after whom ?
(A) Deen Dayal Upadhyaya
(B) Shyama Prasad Mukherji
(C) Atal Behari Vajpayee
(D) Abdul Kalam
Answer: Atal Behari Vajpayee
101. Which famous sportsperson has been named as Bran Ambassador by Kerala State to promote Tourism and Ayurveda for ‘Visit Kerala Scheme’?
(A) Sachin Tendulkar
(B) Maria Sharapova
(C) Steffi Graf
(D) Saina Nehwal
Answer: Steffi Graf
102. The Multidimensional Poverty Index (2015) released from a study carried out by university of Oxford shows the percentage number of poor people in the world to be around.
(A) ~ 15 %
(B) ~ 40 %
(C) – 33 %
(D) ~ 22 %
Answer: ~ 22 %
103. National Mission on Mental Health was launched in the year:
104. Who is called Father of SMS ?
(A) Samir Bhatia
(B) Anuj Gupta
(C) Matti Makkomen
(D) Thomas Kurian
Answer: Samir Bhatia
105. Globally accepted internet speed on mobile phones for 4-G transmission is:
(A) 50-100 Mbps
(B) 10-25 Mbps
(C) 100-200 Mbps
(D) 25-30 Mbps
Answer: 50-100 Mbps
106. The name of the first international treaty/protocol on climate change is associated with:
(D) Rio de Janeiro
107. Sister Nirmala associated with Late Mother Teresa’s Organization Missionaries of Charity in Kolkata was born in:
108. The original group of G-8 countries is now G-7 group of countries. Which country has been left out?
109. Recently, which of the following hill states has been included in the national Dairy Plan-I of India?
(A) Arnunachal Pradesh
110. According to Wikileaks, the US National Security Agency eavesdropped on last three Presidents of which country?
111. Who is the author of the novel “Fire on the Mountain”?
(A) Chetan Bhagat
(B) Vikram Seth
(C) Salman Rushdi
(D) Anita Desai
Answer: Anita Desai
112. Which one of these is not a computer programming language?
113. Researches at NASA in USA have recently identified the coldest place in the universe known as Boomrang Nebula which has a temperature of:
(A) ~ 1 Kelvin
(B) ~ 4 Kelvin
(C) -8 Kelvin
(D) ~ 12 Kelvin
Answer: ~ 1 Kelvin
114. The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor being constructed to produce fusion energy is located in:
(C) United Kingdom
115. For the invention of energy efficient Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) the Nobel Prize winning scientists were:
116. The Atmosphere on Mars mainly consists of:
(A) Carbon dioxide
Answer: Carbon dioxide
117. To highlight the importance of ligh and optical technologies for people and society, UN General Assembly proclaimed which year as the international year of light and light based technologies?
118. Energy Star-rated CFLs compared to ordinary light bulbs consume how much less energy to produce same amount of illumination?
(A) – 20 %
(B) – 25 %
(C) – 50 %
(D) – 75 %
Answer: – 75 %
119. One of the greatest innovators in the field of acoustics was of Indian origin. Who was he?
(A) A.G Bose
(B) S.N Bose
(C) M.N Saha
(D) Homi Bhabha
Answer: A.G. Bose
120. Which of the following animals is a vulnerable, endemic species of the eastern Himalayan region?
(A) Giant Panda
(B) Red Panda
Answer: Red Panda
121. Earth day is an annual event celebrated around the world on:
(A) 22nd April
(B) 11th July
(C) 16th September
(D) 5th June
Answer: 22nd April
122. Which Scientist’s name is associated with the so-called God’s particle?
(A) Steven Weinberg
(B) Sheldon Lee Galshow
(C) Peter W.Higgs.
(D) Abdus Salam
Answer: Peter W.Higgs.
123. Which is the India’s National ‘aquatic’ animal?
(B) River Dolphin
Answer: Riven Dolphin
124. The recently elected British Prime Minister Mr. David Cameron belongs to which political party in Britain?
(A) Conservative Party
(B) Labour Party
(C) Liberal Democratic Party
(D) Scottish Nationalist Party
Answer: Conservative Party
125. Which Oil Company was penalised heavily for causing environmental disaster due to oil spill in sea?
(A) Total S.A.
(B) Cairn Energy
(C) British Petroleum
(D) Brit Oil
Answer: British Petroleum
126. Which spiritual and humanitarian leader has been conferred the highest civilian award by Columbian Parliament for promoting world peace?
(A) Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
(B) Maharshi Yogi
(C) J.N. Krishnamurthy
(D) Baba Ramdev
Answer: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
127. NET neutrality implies :
(A) All internet contents must be treated alike and move at the same speed
(B) Owners of the Internet are free to charge for the content they provide
(C) Owners of the Internet can select the content that they transmit
(D) The internet owners can block access to users of some websites
Answer: All internet contents must be treated alike and move at the same speed
128. The Royal Institute of British Architects had billed him as India’s greatest architect. Who is he?
(A) Charles Correa
(B) Nari Gandhi
(C) Hafeez Contractor
(D) Christopher C. Benninger
Answer: Charles Correa
129. Who was the first elected or appointed female head of the government of any country in the modern history of the world?
(A) Sirimavo Bandaranaike
(B) Indira Gandhi
(C) Golda Meir
(D) Isabel Martinez de Peron
Answer: Sirimavo Bandaranaike
130. Who had said- “Men and woman are of equal rank but they are not identical”?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Nelson Mandela
(C) Winston Churchill
(D) Margaret Thatcher
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
131. Who was the first woman Ph.D. in Science in India?
(A) Anna Mani
(C) Janaki Ammal
(D) Kamala Sohonie
Answer: Kamala Sohonie
132. Vishaka guidelines are concerned with :
(A) Higher Education
(B) Sexual Harassment
(C) Labour Class
(D) Health Services
Answer: Sexual Harassment
133. Which of the following countries in SAARC has the minimum representation of women in Parliament at present?
134. Who was the first Indian-American astronaut to have flown on a space shuttle?
(A) Mangla Narlikar
(B) Irene Francis
(C) Kalpana Chawla
(D) Sunita Williams
Answer: Kalpana Chawla
135. The first female and Indian-American elected as Governor of the state of South
Carolina in USA is:
(A) Nikki Haley
(B) Indra Nooyi
(C) Padma Laxmi
(D) Jhumpa Lahiri
Answer: Nikki Haley
136. Indian Cultural Renaissance of 19th century owes its origins to :
(A) M.K. Gandhi
(B) Impact of Western Culture
(C) Subhash Chandra Bose
(D) Simon Commission
Answer: Impact of Westerm Culture
137. Which of the following was not a part of Arya Samaj Movement?
(A) Shuddhi Movement
(B) Widow Remarriage
(C) Women Education
(D) Eleven Principles
Answer: Eleven Principles
138. Who founded the Ramakrishna Mission?
(A) Swami Vivekananda
(B) Ramakrishna Paramhansa
(C) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(D) Guru Dutt Videyarthi
Answer: Swami Vivekananda
139. The Vernacular Press Act, 1878 was passed during the Viceroyalty of :
(A) Lord Canning
(B) Lord Ripon
(C) Lord Lytton
(D) Lord Curzon
Answer: Lord Lytton
140. In which language did Munshi Prem Chand start writing first?
141. Which Act proposed the All India Federation?
(A) Indian Councils Act, 1861
(B) Indian Councils Act, 1892
(C) Government of India Act, 1935
(D) Government of India Act, 1919
Answer: Indian Councils Act, 1892
142. The theme for World Environment Day 2015 is:
(A) Our Earth, Our Care
(B) Seven Billion Dreams, one Planet Consume with care
(C) many species, one Planet, one Future
(D) Green economy, does it include you
Answer: Seven Billion Dreams, one Planet Consume with care
143. Which Viceroy gave a personal donation to the college at Aligarh?
(A) Lord Ripon
(B) John Lawrence
(C) Lord Northbrook
(D) Lord Canning
Answer: Lord Northbrook
144. Which of the following books is not matched correctly?
(A) Unhappy India – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B) Anand Math – Bankim Chandra Chhatterjee
(C) Satyarth Prakash – Dayanand Saraswati
(D) Godan – Prem Chand
Answer: Unhappy India – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
145. When was the Indian Universities Act passed?
146. Who of the following has not contributed towards the paintings?
(A) Amrita Shergil
(B) Ram Singh
(C) Ravi Verma
(D) Abanindra Nath
Answer: Ram Singh
147. Of the following women, who had not joined the Gandhian Movement?
(A) Sarla Devi Chaudharani
(B) Sarojini Naidu
(C) Anusuya Behan
(D) Putli Bai
Answer: Putli Bai
148. Who has contested the theory of “Drain of Wealth” from India?
(A) Morris D. Morris
(B) R.C. Dutt
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) Dadabhai Naoroji
Answer: Morris D. Morris
149. In which year the Disaster Management Act came into prominence?
150. The Science of Theosophy is:
151. Who is known as the Father of White Revolution in India ?
(A) Prof. Yashpal
(B) M.S. Swaminathan
(C) V. Kurien
(D) None of the above
Answer: V. Kurien
152. Who estimates the National Income in India ?
(A) Planning Commission
(B) Reserve Bank of India
(C) National Sample Survey Organisation
(D) Central Statistical Organisation
Answer: Central Statistical Organisation
153. Pradhan Mantri JAN DHAN YOJANA was launched on :
(A) 1st April, 2014
(B) 28th August, 2014
(C) 26th January, 2015
(D) None of the above
Answer: 28th August, 2014
154. As per census 2011 data which of the following Indian States has Sex Ratio higher than the National average ?
(C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: Himachal Pradesh
155. What was the percentage of fiscal deficit of Central Government for the year 2011-15 ( Budget Estimate ) ?
156. What was the annual average growth rate of Agriculture and Allied sector during Eleventh Five Year Plan ?
157. Who is recently appointed first President of National Development Bank ( NDB ) of BRICS nations ?
(A) K.V Kamath
(B) Bibek Debroy
(C) Raghuram Rajan
(D) Montek Singh Ahluwalia
Answer: K.V Kamath
158. Planning commission was replaced by :
(A) Finance Commission
(B) NITI Aayog
(C) MUDRA Bank
(D) None of the above
Answer: NITI Aayog
159. Recommendations of 14th Finance Commission will be effective for the period :
(A) 1st April, 2014 to 31st March, 2019
(B) 1st January, 2015 to 31st December, 2020
(C) 1st April, 2015 to 31st March, 2020
(D) None of the above
Answer: 1st April, 2015 to 31st March, 2020
160. According to census 2011 between 2001 and 2011, the population of Himachal Pradesh increased by :
161. Executive power of the Union is vested in the :
(A) Prime Minister of India
(B) President of India
(D) Council of Ministers
Answer: President of India
162. What does the part IV of the Indian Constitution deal with ?
(A) Fundamental Rights
(B) Fundamental Duties
(C) Directive Principles of State Policies
(D) Panchayati Raj Institutions
Answer: Directive principles of State Policies
163. Which of the following statements is true regarding money bill ?
(A) It cannot be introduced in the House of People
(B) It cannot be introduced in the council of States
(C) It can be passed by the joint sitting of the parliament
(D) None of the above
Answer: It cannot be introduced in the council of States
164. Judges of the Supreme Court are appointed by :
(A) The Prime Minister Of India
(B) The President of India
(C) The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
(D) None of the above
Answer: The President of India
165. The word ‘socialist’ was inserted in the Preamble by the :
(A) 42nd Amendment Act
(B) 86th Amendment Act
(C) 60th Amendment Act
(D) 44th Amendment Act
Answer: 42nd Amendment Act
166. The Fundamental Rights of the Indian Constitution is based on the model of the Constitution of :
(A) United Kingdom
167. The provision for ‘free legal aid’ is provided in :
(A) Article 32
(B) Article 15(A)
(C) Article 39(A)
(D) Article 21(A)
Answer: Article 39(A)
168. The President of India shall be elected by the members of an electoral college comprising of :
(A) The elected members of both the Houses of the Parliament
(B) The elected members of the Legislative Assemblies of the States
(C) Only (A)
(D) Both (A) and (B)
Answer: Both (A) and (B)
169. Which of the following statements is correct ?
(A) The Governor of a state is appointed by the President of India
(B) The Governor of a state is elected by the elected members of the Legislative Assembly of the state
(C) The Governor can hold any other office of profit
(D) None of the above
Answer: The Governor of a state is elected by the elected members of the Legislative Assembly of the state.
170. Match the following and choose the correct answer from the codes given below :
(i) Union List (1) Seventh schedule
(ii) Languages (2) Fourth schedule
(iii) Allocation of seats in Council of States (3) Eight schedule
(iv) Administration of Tribal Areas (4) Sixth schedule
(A) (i)-(2), (ii)-(1), (iii)-(3), (iv)-(4)
(B) (i)-(1), (ii)-(3), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(2)
(C) (i)-(1), (ii)-(3), (iii)-(2), (iv)-(4)
(D) (i)-(3), (ii)-(2), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(1)
Answer: (i)-(1), (ii)-(3), (iii)-(2), (iv)-(4)
171. Which of the following Amendment Acts led to the formation of Panchayati Raj Institution in India ?
(A) 72nd Amendment Act
(B) 73rd Amendment Act
(C) 63rd Amendment Act
(D) 42nd Amendment Act
Answer: 73rd Amendment Act
172. Who presides over the joint sitting of the Parliament ?
(A) The Prime Minister
(B) The Vice-President
(C) The Speaker
(D) The President
Answer: The Speaker
173. The Parliament of India consists of :
(A) The Lok Sabha
(B) The Rajya Sabha
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) The Lok Sabha, the Rajya Sabha and the President
Answer: The Lok Sabha, the Rajya Sabha and the President
174. The residuary power i.e., the power to legislate with respect to any matter not enumerated in any one of the three Lists is given to the:
(A) The States
(B) The Union
(C) The Supreme Court
(D) The President
Answer: The Union
175. The Sarkaria Commission was set up to look into :
(A) Centre-State relations
(B) Prevention of corruption
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) None of the above
Answer: Centre-State relations
176. The power of the Parliament to amend the Constitution is provided in :
(A) Article 352
(B) Article 368
(C) Article 360
(D) Article 370
Answer: Article 368
177. Which of the following statements is not correct ?
(A) Right to constitutional remedy is provided in Article 32
(B) Fundamental Rights are enforceable in the court
(C) Directive Principles of the State Policies are in Part IV of the Constitution
(D) Fundamental Duties are enforceable in the court
Answer: Fundamental Duties are enforceable in the court
178. Which of the following statements is not correct ?
(A) Those members who wish to raise questions during ‘zero hour’ need to inform the Speaker prior to the start of daily session
(B) Rules regarding ‘zero hour’ are written in the Constitution of India
(C) The request to raise questions during ‘zero hour’ can be accepted or rejected by the speaker
(D) Both (A) and (B)
Answer: Rules regarding ‘zero hour’ are written in the Constitution of India.
179. Which of the following is correct chronological order of the offices held by the President of India ?
(A) Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma , Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, Dr. K.R Narayanan , Dr. Zakir Hussain
(B) Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma , Dr. K.R Narayanan , Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
(C) Dr. Zakir Hussain ,Dr. K.R. Narayanam, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma
(D) Dr. Zakir Hussain, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma , Dr. K.R . Narayanan , Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Answer: Dr. Zakir Hussain, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma , Dr. K.R . Narayanan , Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
180. The Indian General Election of 2014 was the :
(A) 13th Lok Sabha Election
(B) 14th Lok Sabah Elaction
(C) 16th Lok Sabha Election
(D) 17th Lok Sabha Election
Answer: 16th Lok Sabha Election
181. As per 2011 Census , Million plus cities in India are:
182. Landslide In Himalaya is the result of the combined function of :
(A) Gravity and rainfall
(B) Wealthering and rainfall
(C) Weathering and winds
(D) Weathering gravity and heavy rainfall
Answer: Weathering gravity and heavy rainfall
183. Which country has the longest land boundry with India?
184. Which one of the following institutions is India’s disaster management policy body?
185. What is rank of India in the world for production of sugarcane?
186. Which of the following is a planned city?
187. Which one of the following disaster occurs in the Indian coasts?
188. Which one of the following is responsible of the desertification in India ?
(D) Irrigated agriculture
189. India has world’s geographical area of :
190. Which one of the following is not responsible for flood disaster in India?
(C) Sedimentation of rivers
(D) High rainfall
191. Which of the following is a meeting place of Eastern and Western Ghats in India ?
(A) Annamalai Hills
(B) Nilgiri Hills
(C) Mahadeo Hills
(D) Javadi Hills
Answer: Nilgiri Hills
192. Which of the following has the highest per capita income in India ?
(A) West Bengal.
(D) Tamil Nadu
193. Which of the following cities is located in low seismic zone ?
194. Which of the following states is not affected by cyclone ?
(D) Tamil Nadu
195. Silvassa is capital of :
(A) Daman and Diu
(B) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Answer: Dadra and Nagar Haveli
196. Longitudinal Synclinal Valley in Himalaya is known as;
(A) Dun Valley
(C) V – shaped Valley
(D) None of above
197. The Shola forest are largely found in :
(A) Western Himalaya
(B) Eastern Himalaya
(C) Eastern Coastal Plain
(D) Hill Tops of Penisular India
Answer: Hill Tops of Penisular India
198. Which one is not correctly matched:
(A) Copper- Malajkhand
(B) Iron- Bailadila
(C) Coal – Jharia
(D) Bauxite- Khatri
Answer: Bauxite – Khatri
199. Which state is not connected with railway ?
(A) Himachal Pardesh
(C) Jammu & Kashmir
200. Which one is not known for Silk Textile ?