1. What is the Vedic name of Yamuna?
2. At which place does river Beas intersect the Dhauladhar mountain range?
3. Which one of the following lakes is not in Chamba district of H.P.?
4. Which mountain pass join Kullu and Mandi Districts of H.P.?
5. With which rishi is Nirmand region of Kullu associated?
6. With which of the following is Rewalsar village of Mandi District of H.P. associated ?
(B) Lomas Rishi
(C) Guru Gobing Singh
(D) All the above
Answer: All of the above
7. In which District of H.P. is Chamera lake ?
8. What is the title of Justice Meher Chand Mahajan’s autobiograpgy ?
(A) Looking Back
(B) Looking Behind
(C) Looking Past
(D) Looking Within
Answer: Looking Back
9. Who is the author of ‘Gurkha Conquest of Arki’ ?
(A) Manmohan Singh
(B) C.L. Datta
(C) R.L. Handa
(D) U.S. Parmar
Answer: U.S. Parmar
10. Which Princely state witnessed the juga agitation around 1883 AD in which some farmers self immolated ?
11. On which day does the Guga Mandli begin to recite the Guga story by going around different villages ?
(A) On Rakshabandhan
(B) On Guga Naumi
(C) On Janmashtmi
(D) On Nag Panchmi
Answer: On Rakshabandhan
12. Near which fort a battle was fought in May 1815 between the British and the Gurkhas in which Bhakti Thapa was Killed?
13. Which raja of Knagra princely state refused to marry his daughter to the son of Dhian Singh and had to flee to save his honour and life from Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s ire?
(A) Ghammand Chand
(B) Rup Chand
(C) Anirudh Chand
(D) Jai Chand
Answer: Anirudh Chand
14. Which raja of Kehlur princely state died issueless whose death gave rise to succession struggle?
(A) Mahan Chand
(B) Kharak Chand
(C) Bijai Chand
(D) Amar Chand
Answer: Kharak Chand
15. Around which year was Lahul region captured by the Sikhs ?
16. Who led the Gurkha Regiment’s 1857 revolt at Jotog Cantt ?
(A) Ram Parsad Bairagi
(B) Subedar Bhim Singh
(C) Commander Amar Singh Thapa
(D) Captain Rattan Singh
Answer: Subedar Bhim Singh
17. Which is the birth place of Pahareri Gandhi Baba Kanshi Ram ?
(A) Gurnkad village in Kangra District
(B) Haroli village in Una District
(C) Khidri village in Kangra District
(D) Bhumpal village in Hamirpur District
Answer: Gurnkad village in Kangra District
18. In which year was suspension bridge built over river Beas near Mandi town of H.P ?
(A) 1878 AD
(B) 1882 AD
(C) 1888 AD
(D) 1894 AD
Answer: 1878 AD
19. What is the approximate area of Kangra District of H.P . ( in sq. kms) ?
(A) 3975 sq. kms
(B) 5739 sq. kms
(C) 7395 sq. kms
(D) 9537 sq. kms
Answer: 5739 sq. kms
20. Which Mughal emperor ordered the demolition of all temples of Chamba pricely state around 1678 AD?
(C) Shah Jahan
21. Which Sikh Guru got three villages from the Rani of Kehlur pricely state and made his residence at Mokhowal (later known as Anandpur Sahib ) ?
(A) Guru Nanak
(B) Guru Arjan Dev
(C) Guru Hargobind
(D) Guru Teg Bahadur
Answer: Guru Teg Bahadur
22. Which one of the following princely states did not help the British during the 1857 uprising?
23. Which raja of Sirmaur princely state tried to organise the adminstration of his state on the British pattern ?
(A) Shamsher Prakash
(B) Fateh Parkash
(C) Dharam Parkash
(D) Karam Parkash
Answer: Shamsher Prakash
24. Around which year did the ruler of Chamba princely state give almost all the forests of the state on lease?
(A) 1837 AD
(B) 1846 AD
(C) 1861 AD
(D) 1864 AD
Answer: 1864 AD
25. On what basis are the surnames like Kalta , Tegata , Gangta and Jharta given in some parts of Shimla District ?
(A) on the name of the village
(B) on the name of ( head of ) the clan
(C) on the basis of occupation of the family
(D) on the name of month or day of birth
Answer: on the name of ( head of ) the clan
26. When was the Social Forestry Project launched in H.P ?
(C) 1990- 91
Answer: 1990- 91
27. Which raja of Chamba abdicated in favour of his son Shyam Singh around 1873 AD ?
(A) Siri Singh
(B) Gopal Singh
(C) Jeet Singh
(D) Charat Singh
Answer: Siri Singh
28. Who occupied the throne of Kangra pricely state when Raja Hari Chand was presumed dead ?
(A) Ranbir Chand
(B) Jagat Chand
(C) Karam Chand
(D) Ghammand Chand
Answer: Karam Chand
29. Which noble of Lambagraon became the chief of Katoch clan aftert the death of raja Pramod Chand in 1850-51 ?
(A) Kirat Chand
(B) Uday Chand
(C) Daljit Chand
(D) Pratap Chand
Answer: Pratap Chand
30. Which uncle of raja Ajit Singh of Kullu attacked the kingdom with the help of rajas of Kangras and Mandi but was defeated because of sabotage by the raja of Mandi ?
(A) Kishan Singh
(B) Jhagad Singh
(C) Hira Singh
(D) Lal Singh
Answer: Kishan Singh
31. What was the number of nominated members in the first Himachal Vidhan Sabha constituted in 1951-52 ?
32. What was the number of elected memberes in the H.P Vidhan Sabha constituted in 1967 ?
33. In which building of Shimla town did A. O Hume conceive the formation of Indian National Congress?
(B) Rothney Castle
(C) Red Roof
(D) Manor House
Answer: Rothney Castle
34. Who organized an agitation against the Raja of Mandi in 1909 AD?
(A) Mathra Dass
(C) Mian Jawahar Singh
(D) Shobha Ram
Answer: Shobha Ram
35. Who presided over the conference of Praja Mandals of Hill States held at Jubbal on July 13, 1939 ?
(A) Satya Dev Bushabri
(B) Bhagmal Sautha
(C) Pandit Padam Dev
(D) Shiva Nand Ramol
Answer: Bhagmal Sautha
36. What was the venue of All-India State Peoples Conference held on January 26, 1948 ?
37. To which area of Mandi District did Thakur Karam Singh, Chairman of H.P. Territorial Council, belong?
38. When was H. P. Academy of Arts Culture and Language set up ?
39. Who is the author of Twarikh-Jubbal, Kohistan, Shimla?
(A) Ranjor Singh
(B) Ganesh Singh Bedi
(C) Bhagwan Dass
(D) Achhar Singh
Answer: Bhagwan Dass
40. Which of the following is not included in the category of Scheduled Tribes in H. P ?
41. As per 2011 census which district of H.P. has the highest density of population ?
42. Which District of H.P. reported the highest incidence of crime during 2014?
( C) Shimla
43. In which district of H.P. is Tangnu Romai hydropower project ?
44. In which district of H.P. a site has been identified fo rsetting up a solar plant ?
45. In which river basin is Sarbari hydel power project ?
46. Which one of the following hydropower projects is not in private sector?
47. According to 2010-11 Agricultural census what is the percentage of small and marginal holdings in H.P. ?
(A) 82.09 percent
(B) 85.36 percent
(C) 87.95 percent
(D) 89.23 percent
Answer: 87.95 percent
48. Where was mobile soil testing lab set up in H.P. in 2010-11 ?
49. What is the extent of state subsidy for setting up Poly houses ?
(A) 30 percent
(B) 40 percent
(C) 50 percent
(D) None of the above
Answer: None of the above
50. Where is sheep breeding farms in Shimla District ?
51. At which one of the following reservoirs the per hectare production of fish is highest in India?
(B) Pong Dam
(C) Gobind Sagar
(D) Ranjit Sagar Dam
Answer: Gobind Sagar
52. Which country is assisting in Swan River Integrated Watershed Management Project in Una?
53. Which bank is collaborating in implementing the Doodh Ganga Scheme in H.P.?
(C) UCO BANK
54. What is the approximate percentage of total geographical area of H.P. under forests?
(A) 33 percent
(B) 50 percent
(C) 66 percent
(D) 75 percent
Answer: 66 percent
55. In which District of H.P. is Shahnehar Irrigation Project?
56. How many silk yarn reeling units have been set up in Bilaspur District of H.P. in the private sector?
57. What was the approximate number of registered unemployed on the live registers of the employment exchanges in H.P. on 31-12-2014?
(A) Five Lakh
(B) Ten Lakh
(C) Fifteen Lakh
(D) Twenty lakh
Answer: Ten Lakh
58. What is the minimum educational qualification for availing the skill Development allowance in H.P.?
(A) 5th class pass
(B) 8th class pass
(C) 10th class pass
(D) No educational qualification
Answer: 8th Class pass
59. How much discount is allowed in the bus fare under the Green Card Scheme of H.R.T.C?
(A) 25 percent
(B) 30 percent
(C) 40 percent
(D) 50 percent
Answer: 30 percent
60. According to 2014-2015 Economic Survey approximately how many Home Stay units are registered in H.P.?
61. According to Paris Agreement on climate change, the countries of the world haves resolved to limit the rise in global average surface temperature by the year 2050 (with reference to pre-industrial times) upto a maximum of:
(A) 2.5º C
(B) 2º C
(C) 1.5º C
(D) 1º C
Answer: 2º C
62. Indian government has set a target of reducing its carbon emission intensity by the year 2030 (with respect to 2005) to the extent of:
63. At present, the concentration of carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere by volume is about:
64. Total forest cover as present (%) of its geographical area is maximum for which state of India?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
65. Green Climate Fund (GCF) is expected to have contribution from UN member states totaling:
(A) $ 10 bn per year
(B) $ 20 bn per year
(C) $ 50 bn per year
(D) $ 100 bn per year
Answer: $ 100 bn per year
66. By the year 2030, the share of renewable energy in the total installed capacity of electrical power in the country, sought to be achieved by Government of India, is:
67. International Solar Alliance was launched by Prime Minister of India along with:
(A) Barack Obama
(B) David Cameron
(C) Angela Merkel
(D) Francois Hollande
Answer: Francois Hollande
68. In recent times ‘Yellow rain’ has been reported to have been observed in some parts of which states?
(B) Uttar Pradesh
69. The year 2016 has been declared by UN as:
(A) International year of soils
(B) International year of pulses
(C) International year of solar energy
(D) International year of nano-science
Answer: International year of pulses
70. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has entered into collaboration with which country for the programme ‘Soil Protection and Rehabilitation for Food Security’?
71. Who is currently the chairperson of National Green Tribunal?
(A) Sunita Narayan
(B) M.C. Mehta
(C) Bhure Lal
(D) Swatanter Kumar
Answer: Swatanter Kumar
72. To curb air pollution, the odd-even scheme for vehicles was introduced first time in which city?
73. ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ is about:
(A) Free LPG connection to poor families
(B) Providing electricity to all villages
(C) Developing solar cities
(D) Providing scholarship to poor girl students
Answer: Free LPG connection to poor families
74. The recent unprecedented wildfire nick-named ‘Beast’ has occurred in which country?
75. The refugee crises in Europe emanated from the exodus of people from:
76. G4 group of countries include:
(A) India, Germany, Japan, South Africa
(B) India, Germany, Japan, Brazil
(C) Russia, India, Germany, Japan
(D) USA, Canada, Germany, France
Answer: India, Germany, Japan, Brazil
77. In the year 2016, Japan conferred one of its highest civilian honors – ‘Order of Rising Sun’ ( Gold and Silver Star) on:
(A) N.K Singh
(B) E. Sreedharan
(C) Amitabh Bachchan
(D) Narendra Modi
Answer: N.K Singh
78. International Festival of Drums and Traditional Arts titled – ‘Drums dialogue for Peace’ was recently held in which city?
(C) Rio de Janeiro
79. In connection with ‘Panama leaks’, the name Mossack Fonseca is that of a:
(A) National leader
(B) Offshore law firm
(C) Investigative journalist
Answer: Offshore law firm
80. In the year 2015, in terms of its GDP ($ dollars) India economy in the world ranking was at number:
81. As per the UN estimates, the world’s population by the year 2050 is going to be about:
(A) 8.5 bn
(B) 9.7 bn
(C) 10.5 bn
(D) 11.5 bn
Answer: 9.7 bn
82. The fastest Indian train ‘Gatiman Express’ has the highest speed of:
(A) 160 km/hr
(B) 200 km/hr
(C) 340 km/hr
(D) 370 km/hr
Answer: 160 km/hr
83. Which of the famous poets mentioned below is known by the name ‘The Bard’?
(A) William Shakespeare
(B) William Wordsworth
(C) John Milton
(D) W.B Yeats
Answer: William Shakespeare
84. Who is the author of the book – ‘Friends in Wild Places : Birds, Beasts and Other Companions’?
(A) Vikram Seth
(B) Adela Florence Nicolson
(C) Ruskin Bond
(D) Rudyard Kipling
Answer: Ruskin Bond
85. Who is the cartoonist best known for his creation ‘The Common Man’?
(A) R.K Laxman
(B) Abu Abraham
(C) Mario Miranda
(D) O.V. Vijayan
Answer: R.K Laxman
86. World’s smallest (nano) thermometer is based on:
(A) DNA molecules
(D) Gallium arsenide
Answer: DNA molecules
87. LISA Pathfinder mission has been launched by:
(A) European Space Agency
(B) Indian Space Research Organisation
(D) Japanese Space Agency
Answer: European Space Agency
88. Thirty Meter Telescope project has the following partner countries:
(A) USA, Canada, Britain, France, China
(B) USA, Japan, China, India, France
(C) USA, France, Britain, India, China
(D) USA, Canada, China, India, Japan
Answer: USA, Canada, China, India, Japan
89. At present, which country has the distinction of having world’s most powerful supercomputer?
90. Which of the following is the first completely open source mobile OS?
(A) Black Berry OS
(C) iSO Symbian
91. 4G spectrum band does not have the frequency band:
(A) 1800 MHz
(B) 2300 MHz
(C) 2500 MHz
(D) 4200 MHz
Answer: 4200 MHz
92. Which is the first country in the world to make internet access a legal right?
93. Identify the country with top average internet connection speed at present:
(C) South Korea
Answer: South Korea
94. LIGO detectors observed:
(A) Higgs boson
(C) Cosmic rays
(D) Gravitational waves
Answer: Gravitational waves
95. The film ‘The man who knew infinity’ is based on the life of which famous scientist?
(A) Srinivasa Ramanujan
(C) K. Chandrasekhar
Answer: Srinivasa Ramanujan
96. The world’s lightest synthetic material ‘silica aerogel’ is known by the name:
(A) Green air
(B) Blue air
(C) Grey air
(D) Brown air
Answer: Blue air
97. Which city leads the list of cities under Smart City Mission of Government of India?
98. In the year 2015, the worst affected country due to the outbreak of ‘Zika’ virus was:
(A) Cabo Verde
99. Which of the following digital wallets has not been launched by a bank?
100. Jack Ma is the founder of e-commerce firm:
(D) American Swan
101. India born Sundar Pichai is the Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O) of:
102. ‘Wheat blast’ is a:
(A) process of grinding
(B) process of separating
(C) process of breaking
(D) disease caused by fungus
Answer: disease caused by fungus
103. The term ‘one hundred heartbeat club’ refers to:
(A) individual species whose overall population is under or at 100
(B) species whose heartbeat is 100 per sec.
(C) species whose heartbeat is equal to and < 100 per sec.
(D) one hundred species whose heartbeat is same
Answer: individual species whose overall population is under or at 100
104. Stone fly is an indicator of:
(A) Soil pollution
(B) Water pollution
(C) Air pollution
(D) Noise pollution
Answer: Water pollution
105. Planet Mercury’s transit across the sun observable from was first predicted by:
106. Which of the following countries does not celebrate Mother’s day on 8th May?
107. The first female Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel’s present term in office is:
108. ‘Pink Ghettoes’ is a term about:
(A) female representation in corporate sector
(B) women slums
(C) slums without electric power and water
(D) crime affected unban areas
Answer: female representation in corporate sector
109. Trupti Desai is a:
(A) Gender equality activist
(D) Kathak dancer
Answer: Gender equality activist
110. The goodwill ambassador of ‘UN Development Fund for Women’ is:
(A) Meryl Streep
(B) Priyanka Chopra
(C) Belindra Gates
(D) Nicole Kidman
Answer: Nicole Kidman
111. Which lady Head of State is facing impeachment in her country?
(B) Park Geun-hye
(C) Dilma Rousseff
(D) Sheikh Hasina
Answer: Dilma Rousseff
112. Which country has maximum number of women parliamentarians?
113. Nirbhaya Act came into existence in the year:
114. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw is the CEO of which country?
(B) Sun Pharma
(D) United Spirits
115. This year, what was the theme of International Women’s Day?
(A) Empowering women, empowering humanity
(B) Pledge for parity
(C) Make it happen
(D) Equality for women is progress for all
Answer: Pledge for parity
116. The first country to have set up a bank, specially for women, is:
117. At present, how many biodiversity hotspots are there in the world?
118. Deepika Karmakar, the first ever Indian gymnast to qualify for Olympics belongs to the state of:
119. Which of the following tennis players has been found guilty of doping?
(A) Victoria Azarenka
(B) Serena Williams
(C) Maria Sharapova
(D) Rafael Nadal
Answer: Maria Sharapova
120. Identify India’s goodwill ambassador for Olympic games:
(A) Saina Nehwal
(B) Shahrukh Khan
(C) Amitabh Bachchan
(D) Sachin Tendulkar
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
121. Which team has not won the T20 World Cup in cricket so far?
(C) Sri Lanka
122. The book ‘Ace against Odd’s is based on the biography of which sports personality?
(A) Serena Williams
(B) Sania Mirza
(C) Vijay Amritraj
(D) Veenus Williams
Answer: Sania Mirza
123. Who is the first Indian player to win All England Badminton Championship?
(A) Prakash Padukone
(B) Pullela Gopichand
(C) Saina Nehwal
(D) Nandu Natekar
Answer: Prakash Padukone
124. Which Hollywood film got the Oscar award for best film this year?
(D) Mad Max Fury Road
125. Which of the following film personalities has been given Dada Saheb Phalke Award for his contribution to Indian film industry?
(B) Rishi Kapoor
(C) Aditya Chopra
(D) Manoj Kumar
Answer: Manoj Kumar
126. For the best actor (female) category, the National Film Award, 2016 winner is:
(A) Kangana Ranaut
(B) Priyanka Chopra
(C) Vidya Balan
(D) Kareena Kapoor
Answer: Kangana Ranaut
127. World Ozone Day is celebrated on:’
(A) 5th June
(B) 23rd April
(C) 16th September
(D) 19th September
Answer: 16th September
128. NSDC is an acronym for:
(A) National Skill Development Corporation
(B) National Science Development Council
(C) National Sustainable Development Council
(D) National Science Dissemination Center
Answer: National Skill Development Corporation
129. ‘Unnat Bharat Adhiyan’ is related to:
(A) rural upliftment
(B) quality improvement in higher education
(C) research and innovation in industrial sector
(D) cleaner transport in urban areas
Answer: rural upliftment
130. The theme of National Technology Day, 2016 was:
(A) Skilling India
(B) Digital empowerment of India
(C) Technology enablers for clean India
(D) Technology enablers of start-up India
Answer: Technology enablers of start-up India
131. The minor daughter of Keshav Chandra Sen was married to a 16- year old Maharaja of which ` place ?
132. Which of the following is matched wrongly ?
(A) the Indian Universities Act – 1904
(B) The Hunter Commission – 1882
(C) The Wardha Scheme of Basic Education – 1937
(D) The Report of Sadler Commission – 1910
Answer: The Report of Sadler Commission – 1910
133. Of the following, who was not a member of the Gurukul Party of Arya Samaj ?
(A) Pt. Lekh Ram
(B) Mahatma Hans Raj
(C) Pt. Guru Datt Vidyarthi
(D) Lala Munshi Ram
Answer: Mahatma Hans Raj
134. Who started the Ahmadiya Movement ?
(A) Mirza Ghulam Ahmed
(B) Sir Sayyid Ahmad Khan
(C) Sayyid Ahmad Barelwi
(D) Rashid Ahmad Gangohi
135. Which of the following is correct about the work, Neel Darpan ?
(A) a novel in Bengali
(B) a novel in Hindi
(C) a play in Hindi
(D) a play in Bengali
Answer: a play in Bengali
136. Of the following leaders of the Revolt of 1857, who is not matched correctly with his region ?
(A) Begum Hazart Mahal – Lucknow
(B) Khan Bahadur – Mewat
(C) Nana Sahib – Kanpur
(D) Rani Lakshmi Bai – Jhansi
Answer: Khan Bahadur – Mewat
137. When war the Income Tax imposed by the Colonial Government in India ?
138. Of the following, who was not a member of Hindu Mahasabha ?
(A) Motilal Nehru
(B) B.S. Munje
(C) Lala Lajpat Rai
(D) Madan Mohan Malviya
Answer: Motilal Nehru
139. Who moved the main resolution on Non-Cooperation Movement in the annual session of Indian National Congress at Nagpur in 1920?
(A) Motilal Nehru
(B) Vallabhbhai Patel
(C) C.R. Das
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
Answer: C.R. Das
140. When was the Second Civil Disobedience Movement launched by the Indian National Congress?
141. Which session of the Congress was presided over by Gandhiji?
142. In which Satyagraha, Gandhiji used the last weapon of hunger strike?
(A) Ahemdabad textile Mill Strike
(B) Champaran Satyagraha
(C) Kheda Satyagraha
(D) The Khilafat Movement
Answer: Ahemdabad textile Mill Strike
143. Where was the first Indian Civil Services examination held in India?
144. Which name did Gandhiji give to his scheme of education?
(A) New Education Policy
(B) Wardha Scheme
(C) Nai Talim
Answer: Nai Talim
145. From where did Gandhiji come across the three principles of his ideology?
(A) Leo Tolstory’s The Kingdom of God is Within you
(B) John Rukin’s Unto This last
(C) Rousseau’s Social Contract
(D) Kathaline Mayo’s Mother India
Answer: John Rukin’s Unto This last
146. Gandhiji satyagraha is based on:
(A) truth and Non-violoence
(B) Ends and Means
(D) All of the above
Answer: All of the above
147. Of the following, who was not the member of the Congress Socialist Party?
(A) Jaya Prakash Narayan
(B) Kartar Singh Sarabha
(C) Acharaya Narendra Dev
(D) Minoo Masani
Answer: Kartar Singh Sarabha
148. Where did not come to power the parallel governments during the Quit India Movement?
149. Atlee, the British Prime Minister made a statement in British Parliament that the Transfer of Power to India would take place on:
(A) August 15, 1947
(B) August 15, 1948
(C) June 30, 1947
(D) June 30, 1948
Answer: June 30, 1948
150. Arrange the following viceroys of India in chronological order:
(i) Lord Linlithgo
(ii) Lord Wavell
(iii) Lord Wellington
(iv) Lord Reading
(A) (ii) (iii) (i) (iv)
(B) (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)
(C) (iv) (iii) (i) (ii)
(D) (iv) (ii) (iii) (i)
Answer: (iv) (iii) (i) (ii)
151. Choose the right order from highest to lowest in terms of irrigation coverage :
(A) Punjab, Haryana, U.P., Bihar
(B) Punjab, Haryana, Bihar, U.P.
(C) Haryana, Punjab, U.P., Bihar
(D) Haryana, Punjab, Bihar, U.P.
Answer: Punjab, Haryana, U.P., Bihar
152. As per RBI Annual Report 2012; which state has the least poverty ?
153. As per budget proposal (2016-17); Department of Disinvestment is to be renamed as :
154. TRIPS and TRIMS are related to :
155. Efficient delivery of services through technology in India is well defined by :
(D) None of the above
156. As per course 2011, highest urban and highest rural population in India is respectively in the states of :
(A) Maharashtra and Bihar
(B) Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh
(C) Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu and Bihar
Answer: Maharashtra and Bihar
157. Who among the following did not estimate the incidence of poverty in India ?
(A) B.S. Minhas
(B) Raj Krishna
(C) P.K. Bardhan
(D) Dandekar and Rath
Answer: Raj Krishna
158. Antyodaya Day is celebrated on :
(A) 25th September
(B) 25th December
(C) 08th June
(D) 25th April
Answer: 25th September
159. Which one is not the component of Bharat Nirman out of the following :
(B) Rural Telephones
(C) Drinking Water
160. HRIDAY scheme is launched by :
(A) Ministry of Cultural Affairs on 25th December, 2015
(B) Ministry of Tourism on 26th January, 2015
(C) Ministry of Health and Family
(D) Ministry of Urban Development on 21st January, 2015
Answer: Ministry of Urban Development on 21st January, 2015
161. Which one of the following statements is incorrect with regard to the Preamble of Indian Constitution ?
(A) It is the soul of the Constitution
(B) It vests power in the people of India
(C) It defines state as Sovereign, Socialist, Sectarian, Democratic, Republic
(D) It can be amended by the parliament
Answer: It can be amended by the parliament
162. Which one of the following is not stated in the Right to Freedom as enshrined in the Constitution of India ?
(A) Freedom of speech and expression
(B) Freedom to assemble peacefully without arms
(C) Freedom to protest
(D) Freedom to practice any profession
Answer: Freedom to protest
163. By which constitutional amendment the tight to poverty was abolished from the Chapter of Fundamental Rights ?
(A) 1st Constitutional Amendment
(B) 25th Constitutional Amendment
(C) 42th Constitutional Amendment
(D) 44th Constitutional Amendment
Answer: 44th Constitutional Amendment
164. March the following and choose the correct answer from the given codes :
(i) Finance Commission (1) Article 340
(ii) Union Public Service Commission (2) Article 324
(iii) Election Commission (3) Article 315
(iv) Commission for Backward Classes (4) Article 280
(A) (i)-(3), (ii)-(1), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(2)
(B) (i)-(4), (ii)-(3), (iii)-(2), (iv)-(1)
(C) (i)-(4), (ii)-(2), (iii)-(3), (iv)-(1)
(D) (i)-(1), (ii)-(2), (iii)-(3), (iv)-(4)
Answer: (i)-(4), (ii)-(3), (iii)-(2), (iv)-(1)
165. Who among the following are not the members of the Electoral College for the President of India?
(A) Elected Members of the Legislative Assemblies of States
(B) Elected Members of the Lok Sabha
(C) Elected Members of the Rajya Sabha
(D) Elected Members of the Legislative Council of States.
Answer: Elected Members of the Legislative Council of States.
166. Which of the following is incorrect statements with regard to the Vice-President of India ?
(A) He acts as the President during the absence of the President
(B) He is the ex-officio Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
(C) He is elected by the Electoral College comprising Members of the Parliament.
(D) He can be removed from his office by impeachment.
Answer: He can be removed from his office by impeachment.
167. The Rajya Sabha can delay the passage of the Money Bill for a maximum period of :
(A) One week
(B) Two weeks
(C) One month
Answer: Two weeks
168. Which of the following is correct chronological order of the offices held by the Speakers of Lok Sabha ?
(A) Ganesh Vasudev Mavlankar, Sardar Hukam Singh, Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, Sumitra Mahajan
(B) Sardar Hukam Singh, Ganesh Vasudev Mavlankar, Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, Sumitra Mahajan
(C) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, Ganesh Vasudev Mavlankar, Sardar Hukam Singh, Sumitra Mahajan
(D) Ganesh Vasudev Mavlankar, Sardar Hukam Singh, Sumitra Mahajan, Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
Answer: Ganesh Vasudev Mavlankar, Sardar Hukam Singh, Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, Sumitra Mahajan
169. Which one of the following is the biggest committee of the Lok Sabha ?
(A) Public Accounts Committee
(B) Committee on Public Undertakings
(C) Estimates Committee
(D) Business Advisory Committee
Answer: Estimates Committee
170. Which one of the following is incorrect statements with regard to Right to Freedom of Religion ?
(A) Freedom of Regional is listed from Articles 25-28 of the Constitution.
(B) Freedom of Religion gives freedom to established religious institutions.
(C) Freedom of Religious gives freedom to established religious institutions.
(D) Freedom of Religious includes freedom of conversation.
Answer: Freedom of Religious includes freedom of conversation.
171. The voting age in India was reduced from 21 years to 18 years by which constitutional amendment ?
(A) 61st Constitutional Amendment
(B) 65th Constitutional Amendment
(C) 71th Constitutional Amendment
(D) 73rd Constitutional Amendment
Answer: 61st Constitutional Amendment
172. Which one of the following is the recent addition in the Election Voting Machine by the Election Commission of India ?
173. Which one of the following is not the classified category of parties according to the Election Commission of India?
(A) National Parties
(B) Regional Parties
(C) State Parties
(D) Registered (Unrecognized Parties)
Answer: Registered (Unrecognized Parties)
174. What is the full form of PIL ?
(A) Public Interest Litigation
(B) Private Interest Litigation
(C) People’s Interest Litigation
(D) Priority in Litigation
Answer: Public Interest Litigation
175. Which one of the following states does not have a bicameral legislature ?
(C) Price Control
176. Which one of the following states does not have a bicameral legislature ?
(A) Jammu & Kashmir
(C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: Jammu & Kashmir
177. Match the following and choose the correct answer from the given codes :
(i) Right to Constitutional Remedies – (1) Article 44
(ii) Uniform Civil Code (2) Article 32
(iii) Free Legal Aid (3) Article 370
(iv) Special provisions for Jammu & Kashmir (4) Article 39A
(A) (i)-(2), (ii)-(1), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(3)
(B) (i)-(1), (ii)-(2), (iii)-(3), (iv)-(4)
(C) (i)-(2), (ii)-(1), (iii)-(3), (iv)-(4)
(D) (i)-(1), (ii)-(3), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(2)
Answer: (i)-(2), (ii)-(1), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(3)
178. Right to Education is included under which Article of the Constitution ?
(A) Article 19
(B) Article 20
(C) Article 21A
(D) Article 25
Answer: Article 21A
179. What is the new name of the planning Commission of India ?
(A) Pragati Ayog
(B) NITI Ayog
(C) Nyaya Ayog
(D) National Planning Commission
Answer: NITI Ayog
180. Match Political Parties with their elections symbols and choose the correct answer from the given codes :
(i) BJP (1) Rail Engine
(ii) MNS (2) lantern
(iii) AAP (3) Lotus
(iv) RJD (4) Broom
(A) (i)-(3), (ii)-(1), (iii)-(2), (iv)-(4)
(B) (i)-(3), (ii)-(1), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(2)
(C) (i)-(3), (ii)-(2), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(1)
(D) (i)-(1), (ii)-(3), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(2)
Answer: (i)-(3), (ii)-(1), (iii)-(4), (iv)-(2)
181. Which one of the following is not the tributary of the river Godavari ?
182. Which one of the following states of India has no podzolic soils ?
(C) Himachal Pradesh
(D) Jammu & Kashmir
183. Western Rajasthan is ideal place for the development of …………… energy.
184. Which group of cities has not been included in the list of proposed 100 smart cities in India ?
(A) Vishakhapatnam, Tirupati, Kakinada
(B) Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Bihar Sharif
(C) Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot
(D) Howrah, Burdwan, Siliguri
Answer: Howrah, Burdwan, Siliguri
185. As per 2001 Census, million cities in India is :
186. Which one of the following was famous for Jute Industry ?
(A) Dsmodar Valley
(B) Hogghly Valley
(C) Yamuna Valley
(D) Brahmaputra Valley
Answer: Hooghly Valley
187. Which one of the following is recent U.N. framework on disaster management ?
(A) Yokohama Framework
(B) Hyogo Framework
(C) Sendai Framework
(D) Uttarkashi Framework
Answer: Sendai Framework
188. Which one of the following is not used as indicator of human development in India ?
(A) Increase in total fertility rate
(B) Increase in crude death rate
(C) Increase in female literacy rate
(D) Increase in life expectancy rate
Answer: Increase in crude death rate
189. Which one of the following regions has the highest biodiversity in India ?
(A) North-East India
(B) North-West India
(C) Central India
(D) Indian Desert Region
Answer: North-East India
190. The percentage of total urban population in India according to Census 2011 is :
191. Varanasi city is an example of :
(A) Industrial city
(B) Administrative city
(C) Port city
(D) Cultural city
Answer: Cultural city
192. Drought prone area is broadly located between :
(A) West Bengal to Arunachal Pradesh
(B) Tamil Nadu to Andhra Pradesh
(C) Kerala to Karnataka
(D) Maharashtra to Punjab
Answer: Maharashtra to Punjab
193. Floods occurs due to erratic behaviour of :
(A) Glacier melt
(B) Temperature increase
(D) Population increase
194. Which one of the following states is found in Seismic Zone V ?
(B) Uttar Pradesh
195. Which of the following is passing through India ?
(B) Tropic of Cancer
(C) Tropic of Capricorn
(D) None of the above
Answer: Tropic of Cancer
196. Which of the following states has Shipki La Pass ?
(A) Jammu & Kashmir
(C) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: Himachal Pradesh
197. Which specie of tree is more vulnerable for forest free due to presence of Turpentine oil in their leafs ?
(C) Silver firs
(D) None of the above
198. Which statements is not correct about the earthquake waves ?
(A) Longitudinal and Secondary (Transverse) waves are more destructive waves than Rayleigh wave
(B) Rayleigh waves are originated from epicenters not the focus
(C) P-waves travel fastest and are the first wave recorded on the Seismogram
(D) None of the above
Answer: Longitudinal and Secondary (Transverse) waves are more destructive waves than Rayleigh wave
199. Which one of the following is not the effect of climate change ?
(A) Glacier retreat
(B) Coral bleaching
(C) Cold wave and heat wave
200. Which coastal states of India are more vulnerable to tropical cyclone ?
(A) Tamil Nadu- Andhra Pradesh- Orissa Coastal region
(B) Maharashtra- Gujarat Coastal region
(C) Karnataka- Goa Coastal region
(D) All of the above
Answer: Tamil Nadu- Andhra Pradesh- Orissa Coastal region