PM announces ₹20 lakh crore economic stimulus package
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said a newlook Lockdown 4.0 beyond May 17 was in the offing, while announcing an economic stimulus package for ₹20 lakh crore (estimated at 10% of the GDP).
- This amount includes packages already announced at the beginning of the lockdown, incorporating a slew of measures from the RBI and the payouts under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
Aarogya Setu app mandatory for returning NRIs, migrants
- Expanding the ambit of the Aarogya Setu app, the Union Health Ministry on Tuesday directed that downloading it be made compulsory for all returnees (migrant labourers and those coming from abroad) for better contact surveillance and suitable medical intervention.
- It also asked the States to ramp up surveillance for Severe Acute Respiratory Infections (SARI) or Influenza like illnesses (ILI) to detect any possible hidden infection at an early stage to ensure timely containment.
Online liquor sale would be fraughtwith security and safety issues: HC
- The Delhi High Court has asked the Centre and the Delhi government, to take a call with regard to sale of alcohol and ensuring there is no crowding outside liquor vends during COVID-19 pandemic.
- The possibility of alcohol being snatched during transit cannot be ruled out. The possibility of home delivery of alcohol would also increase the possibilities of adulteration of alcohol, also resulting in loss of life,” it said.