RAISE 2020: INDIA GOVERNMENT TO HOST FIRST ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE SUMMIT IN APRIL-
- The Union Government will organize India’s first Artificial Intelligence summit- “RAISE 2020: Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020” between April 11-12, 2020 in New Delhi.
- The first-of-its-kind two-day summit will be organized to spearhead social empowerment, inclusion and transformation.
- The summit will serve as a common platform for people across the world to exchange ideas on how to use AI for social empowerment, inclusion and transformation in key areas.
(BIMSTEC) CONFERENCE ON ENHANCING ENERGY COOPERATION IN HELD IN DHAKA, BANGLADESH–
During the conference a report named “prospect of regional energy cooperation and cross-border energy trade in the BIMSTEC region” was released.
The report showed that the BIMSTEC region has-
- 323,504 million tonnes (MT) of coal
- 664 million tonnes of oil
- 99 trillion Cubic Feet (TCF) of gas
- 11,346 MT of biomass
- 328 Giga Watts (GW) of hydropower
- 1,117 GW of renewable energy.
UNION CABINET APPROVED THREE MOUS FOR COOPERATION BETWEEN INDIA AND MYANMAR–
- Signed MoUs will focus on combating timber trafficking, conservation of tigers and other wildlife and in the fields of petroleum products and communications.
- India will also provide training to Myanmar officials and Mou on petroleum products for setting up a joint working group in the petroleum sector.
RUSSIAN TENNIS STAR AND FIVE-TIME GRAND SLAM WINNER MARIA SHARAPOVA RETIRES AT 32–
- Russian tennis star and 5 time Grand Slam winner Maria Yuryevna Sharapova, 32 years old, announced her retirement.
- She became the World No.1 in 2005 and as a Grand Slam winner with 2 titles in French Open (2012, 2014), a Australian Open(2008), a US [United States] Open (2006) and Wimbledon Open (2004).
Grand Slam tournaments, also called majors, are the four most important annual tennis events.
- Australian Open
- French Open
- US Open