Defence minister inaugurates new light combat helicopter production hangar at HAL Complex in Bengaluru
- State-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) offered an indigenous multirole helicopter to the Indian armed forces for replacing its medium lift choppers such as MI-17s, Kamovs and Seakings.
- LCH is designed & developed by HAL, a Defence Public Sector Undertaking (DPSU).
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited-
- Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company headquartered in Bengaluru, India.
- It is governed under the management of the Indian Ministry of Defence.
Founder- Walchand Hirachand
Scientists discovered the First Animal that doesn’t need oxygen to live
- Researchers at Tel Aviv University (TAU), Israel have discovered a jellyfish-like parasite,’Henneguya salminicola’, without a mitochondrial genome.
- That means it doesn’t breathe and lives its life completely free of oxygen dependency.
- The study has been published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- The finding was led by Dorothee Huchonof the School of Zoology at TAU’s Faculty of Life Sciences and Steinhardt Museum of Natural History.
Punjab to reduce Govt Employees’ Retirement Age to 58 years, Give Free Education
- Reducing government employees’ retirement age from 60 to 58, free education for all students up to Class 12 and a debt waiver for landless farmers were some of the major announcements made by Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal in the 2020-21 budget.
- Manpreet Singh Badal presented a₹1,54,805 crore budget in the state Assembly here.
Chief Justice- Justice Rajeev Sharma (acting)
High Court- Punjab & Haryana High Court
Speaker- Rana Kanwar Pal Singh
Samsung Mobile is India’s most desired brand for the fourth time
- Samsung Mobile is the most desired brand, TRA Research (formerly known as Trust Advisory) announced.
- Previously, the brand has topped the list in 2013, 2015 and 2018, reports news agency IANS.
- Samsung is followed by Apple iPhone, which is positioned second in the list.
Samsung is a South Korean multinational conglomerate headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul.
Next Delhi Police Commissioner: SN Shrivastava to succeed Amulya Patnaik
- SN Shrivastava has been appointed as the next Commissioner of Delhi Police on February 28, 2020.
- Recently, he was appointed as the special commissioner of Police (Law & Order) to control violence in Delhi.
- Shrivastava will take over as new Delhi Police CP on March 1, 2020 because Amulya Patnaik is retiring on February 29, 2020.
- He was brought to the Delhi by the Ministry of Home Affairs from Jammu and Kashmir where he was working as CRPF’s special director-general.
- It is the law enforcement agency for the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- In 2015, sanctioned strength of DP was 84,536 making it one of the largest metropolitan police forces in the world.
- About 25% of Delhi Police strength is earmarked for VVIP security.
Minister Responsible- Amit Shah, Minister of Home Affairs (India)