State Government relaxes curfew from 6am to 8pm
- The State Government has decided to give relaxation in the curfew from 6 am in the morning to 8 pm in the evening, to facilitate the common people.
- Chief Minister said that since inter district buses would start plying from 1st June, it must be ensured that there was proper social distancing in the buses and also at the bus stands. He said that the buses would be allowed to ply with not more than 60 percent occupancy and the drivers, conductors and passengers would follow all the safety protocols of the Health Department.
- Inter-district movement of the people of the State would be allowed without any pass, but passes would be required for interstate movement. He said that the people coming from other parts of the country would be quarantined.
State Government gives Sanskrit status of second language
- The State Government has given status of second language to Sanskrit and now efforts should be made to make it more practical and simple so that it could be popularized amongst the masses.
- Doordarshan Gianshala Programme has also been launched by the State Government to provide home teaching facility to the students.
CM urges Union Govt to convert CSKHPKV into Central University
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has urged the Union Government to convert Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishwavidalaya (CSKHPKV), Palampur into Central Agriculture University for the benefit of the entire North Western Himalayan Region.
- Central Agriculture University was established at Imphal in Manipur in 1993 with constituent colleges in six States of North-Eastern Himalayan Region.