HPU ex-professor gets Padma Shri
- Prof Abhiraj Rajinder Mishra has served as professor, head and dean, Languages in HPU.
- He served for two and a half decades in HPU and is one of the founders of the sanskrit Department in the university.
- Prof Mishra is the first scholar from HP University to have received Padma shree.
Sirmaur to have zero-waste tourist haat
- SHE-HAAT, a marketing platform for the women to display and sell traditional products.
- To make rural women financially independent, the district admiistration of Sirmaur, in association with the Tourism Department and NABARD.
- It will be Himachal’s first such venture which will be run by 25 women and will display products by them.
Finance panel okays Rs 11,432 Cr for HP
- Rs 11,430 Crocre as the annual revenue deficit grant for 2020-21, to Himachal.
- Himachal will receive the highest revenue deficit grant in the country after kerala which will be given Rs 15,323 crore.
- It will help Jai Ram government in taking care of its expenses like footing the huge salary and pension bill and for various development schemes.
Hamirpur woman awarded for entrepreneurship
- Anisha sharna, an entrepreneur of the year award in New Delhi.
- It was conferred on her during the three-day confederation held at vigyan bhawan in New Delhi from February 2.
‘Crime-Free Himachal’ app launched
- Chief Minister jai Ram Thakur releases a maual on criminal investigation and launches a mobile app ‘Crime Free Himachal’ in Shimla.
- The Chief Minister said with this app, people would be able to register their complaints regarding crime without revealing their identity.
Sixth finance commission on Cards
- The government is likely to set up the sixth Finance Commission, which had remained non-existent despite the term of the previous commission being over in October 2018.
- The chairman can be appointed along with other political appointments that the CM is likely to make soom.
- The CM is also faced with the task of filling of two vacancies in his cabinet.
- Besides, he can also appoint some senior leaders like outgoing BJP state president Satpal Satti and former Naina Devi Legislator Randhir Sharma as chairman or Vice-chairman of boards and corporations.