73rd Himachal Day celebrated at the Ridge Shimla
- The 73rd Himachal Day was today (16-04-2020) celebrated as a low key affair with Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur presided over the symbolic State level function held at The Ridge Shimla. Chief Minister unfurled the tricolour and took salute from the Police contingent.
Governor emphasis on use of Arogya Setu App
- Governor Bandaru Dattatraya has requested the people to download Arogya Setu App and make use of it.
- Arogya Setu app has been created with the aim of preventing the infection of coronavirus. He said that with the help of this app, people would know whether they have come in contact with any corona infected person or not. He said that this app has also given ways to prevent from COVID-19.
Solidarity Response Fund renamed as HP SDMA COVID-19 state disaster response fund
- The state government has decided to rename HP COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund as HP SDMA COVID-19 state disaster response fund for contributions, donations, voluntary endowment, grants for the purpose to fight COVID-19 pandemic.
- The HP COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund opened in the bank account number 50100340267282 (IFSC code HDFC0004116) with HDFC bank Chhota Shimla and bank account number 39241879383 (IFSC code SBIN0050204) with state bank of India.
CM announces home based teaching programme for students
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur today announced to launch the e-learning and teaching for 10th and 12th standard students of the state through Doordarshan. He said that the online learning facility from home will be provided to students under Himachal Doordarshan Gyanshala programme from 17 April, 2020 onwards.
- He said the education department has prepared programme according to the syllabus of HP School Education Board for 10th and 12th classes which would be telecast from 17 April for three hours from 10 AM to 1 PM for different subjects as per the time table.
- This programme would help the students to get access to online videos and worksheets from their homes on www.education.hp.gov.in and https//cut.ly/hargharpathshala. He said that this programme would start from 16 April, 2020 between 10 am to 1 pm daily till the regular opening of schools.