Annual Action Plan for Jal Jeevan Mission and Swachh Bharat Mission approved
- Annual plan of Rs. 1700 crore Jal Jeevan Mission and Rs. 246 crore Swachh Bharat Mission was approved here today under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Anil Khachi.
- Additional Chief Secretary, Forest Ram Subhag Singh said that the Forest Department will work with the Jal Shakti Department to prepare special structures for water conservation in the hilly areas and water will be provided for irrigation of the fields in the villages. This will save the expenditure for lift drinking water schemes.
CM urges Prime Minister for bringing a special ordinance to provide financial assistance to unorgani
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi for bringing a special ordinance by the Union Government to provide financial assistance to the unorganized and other workers, so that the funds available with the Building and Other Workers Welfare Board can also be used for their welfare.
- Chief Minister said that about Rs. 582 crore is available with the Himachal Pradesh Building and Construction Welfare Board. He said that the number of migrant and unorganized workers in the state is very high and in view of the economic condition of the state government, a lack is being felt to provide help to poor labourers.
Chief Minister urges the Union Government for according sanction of Rs. 536 crore for 27 projects
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur urged the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari for according time bound sanction of Rs. 536 crore for 27 projects, which includes 17 roads and 10 bridges project under the Central Road Infrastructure Fund for the State, keeping in view the geo-graphical conditions of the State.
- CM urged for providing adequate funds for this to the National Highways Authority of India. He said that 97 kms Sainj-Aut National Highway-305 including Jalori tunnel must be included under the World Bank Green National Highways Project.
- Jai Ram Thakur urged the Union Minister for early clearance of 69 highways of the State so that work could be started at the earliest.