IIT-Mandi girls win national hackathon
- Nishita, Ruchika Sharma and Mehak Jain, all Btech students at the Department of Computer Science Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Mandi, have won the first prize in the 4th National-Level Hackathon for Women in Computing.
- It was conducted by the Association for Computing Machinery’s Council and was held at the Symbiosis Institute of Computer Science and Research, Pune.
Manali Winter Carnival from January 2
- The Manali Winter Carnival will be held from January 2 to January 6.
- A beauty pageant will also be held. Manali SDM Raman Gharsanghi yesterday convened a meeting with local stakeholders and officials to chalk out a plan for the success of the event.
Nauni varsity’s foundation day
- Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni, will celebrate its 35th foundation day on December 1
- The university was established on December 1, 1985, to promote education, research and extension education in the fields of horticulture, forestry and allied disciplines. Though formally established in 1985, the university has its roots in the College of Agriculture, Solan, which started functioning in 1962.
- Gobind Singh Thakur minister of Transport and forest announces the grant of 1 crore for sports stadium and electric bus at campus.
MC status for Palampur after D’sala winter session
- The state government will pass a Bill for the formation of a municipal corporation in Palampur during the Assembly to be held in Dharamsala.
- The Dhumal government had initiated steps for the formation of a municipal corporation at Palampur in 2009. Later, with the change of government, no headway was made and the demand of residents of Palampur was accepted after 10 years when the BJP came to power.
- After the formation of the MC, Palampur will be the third town in the state after Shimla and Dharamsala to have a municipal corporation.
New industrial areas get little response
- The state government is trying to attract private investment in the state. However, new industrial areas developed in Una and Kangra districts after spending about Rs 150 crore have failed to attract investors.
- The government brought up an industrial area at Pandoga in Una district at Rs 75 crore. A similar amount was spent on bringing up an industrial area in Kandrori in Kangra district near Pathankot district.
Random inspection portal to open soon
- A random inspection portal will be developed in the state to conduct checks at units of various departments. Officials will have to upload the inspection report within 48 hours.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) would develop the portal, which would be launched by Union Home Minister Amit Shah on the completion of two years of BJP government on December 27.