Govt orders land acquisition for Pinjore-Baddi rail line
- The government has ordered compulsory acquisition of land for laying the 33.2-km Pinjore-Baddi rail line.
- Nalagarh SDM Prashant Deshta has been appointed the arbitrator and needs to begin the work at the earliest.
- A stretch of 345.13 bighas will be acquired at a cost of Rs 1,540 crore.
- Length of Rail line is 32.2 km
Kullu’s Bhootnath Bridge ready to inaugrated soon.
- SK Dhiman, Kullu, PWD XEN, said an agreement was signed and the repair works would be completed by May, 2020.
- The foundation stone of the bridge was laid on May 11, 2005, to ease traffic congestion of Kullu.
- budget of Rs 2.68 crore was allocated for the repair works.
Mauritian PM, wife pay obeisance at Baglamukhi temple
- The PM arrived at 8.30 am at the Kangra airport, along with his wife Kobita Ramdanee.
- He was accorded the ceremonial welcome by Deputy Commissioner Rakesh Prajapati and other officials at the Gaggal airport.
- The entry of devotees in the temple was blocked.
CM to open Hamir Utsav tomorrow
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur inaugurates state-level Hamir Utsav and the administrative building of Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
- Deputy Commissioner Harikesh Meena said Hamir Utsav would be organised for two days instead of three, as it was conducted earlier too.
- He said the audience will be entertained by artistes like Kanwar Grewal, Dilbag Singh and comedian Rajeev Malhotra who will be paid an amount of Rs4.6 lakh, 4 lakh and 1 lakh, respectively. The local artistes will be paid too, he added.
400 kV transmission line for Chamba
- Himachal Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (HPTCL) will install a 400 kV transmission line from Lahal power substation to Rajera substation.
- According to the official communiqué issued here, the owners of the land would be given compensated for the land given. While erecting the transmission towers, if any other damage was caused to the property of landowners, the cost would be borne by HPTCL, the communiqué stated.
Decriminalise suicide bid by mentally stressed persons
- making an attempt to commit suicide, will not be tried and punished under Section 309 of the IPC (HP Highcourt).