H.P earns award for good health practices
Himachal Pradesh has been awarded for oral presentation on ‘Mukhya Mantri Kshay Rog Nivarna Yojana’ (MMKRNY) during national summit on good replicable practices and innovations in public healthcare system under National Health Mission (NHM) organised at Gandhi Nagar in Gujarat from November 16 to 18.
ALSO AWARDED FOR…
- ‘TB-Mukt Himachal’ mobile App, which was launched in the state to generate awareness regarding tuberculosis.
- The innovative scheme under which a tax of ~1 per liquor bottle has been levied, thus generating revenue amounting to about ~8 crores, which is being spent on emergency services
- 104 Comprehensive Call Centre, which has been playing a significant role in providing health-related consultations
Urban Development Minister Sarveen Chaudhary participates in the Smart City World Expo Congress
- Urban Development Minister Sarveen Chaudhary has participated in the Smart City World Expo Congress being held in Barcelona, Spain, from November 19 to 21
- Sarveen Chaudhary explained the technology being used by Shimla Jal Prabandhan Nigam Limited (SJPNL) in the management of drinking water supply scheme in Shimla
- She also inaugurated India Pavilion at the expo. Secretary, Urban Development, Town and Country Planning and Housing, C Paulrasu was also present
Centre’s nod to Mandi airport
- The Centre has given the green signal for the construction of an airport in Mandi district.
- The airport would be constructed as a joint venture by the state government and the Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Jai Ram Thakur discussed with Union minister Hardeep Puri about the expansion of airports.
- He requested him for exploring the possibilities of landing of A320 aircraft at Gaggal and ATR74 aircraft in Shimla and Bhuntar airports
- He also requested the minister for the expansion of runways.
Centre approves proposal to set up bulk drug park in Himachal Pradesh
- The central government has approved a proposal to set up bulk drug park in Himachal Pradesh.
- The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) Dr. V G Somani stated that the proposed bulk drug park in the state should aim for import substitution of top 10 bulk drugs being imported from China used in the State.
Drug-Free Himachal’ app serves little purpose
- Only 467 use it, none from Lahaul, Kinnaur registered complaint.
- The app on ‘Drug-Free Himachal’, launched by the Chief Minister on July 1, is not getting useful information regarding drug peddling.
- A person can give information about the shipment of drugs, their storage, drug users as well as sellers.
- The information uploaded on it is vague or pertained to personal rivalries.
- People are reporting other crimes too on this app.
Recruitment Process for class III, IV posts has been put on hold
- The decision to amend the eligibility criteria was taken by the Cabinet on November 18 and the recruitment process was halted after the notification was issued to this effect.
- The decision barred the candidates who have not passed the middle and high school examination from schools situated in the state from recruitment in class IV jobs.