Join our Telegram Channel for daily newspaper during pandemic
China has massively deployed troops along LAC, says Rajnath
- China has mobilised a large number of troops and armaments along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) as well as in the “depth areas”, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh informed the Lok Sabha.
- Mr. Singh said the amassing of troops by China went against the 1993 and 1996 agreements. Respecting and strictly observing the LAC was the basis of peace and tranquillity in the border areas and that was explicitly recognised in the agreements.
Kashmir has grassroots democracy: India
- India on Tuesday made an indirect reference to Pakistan’s involvement in fomenting terrorism in Kashmir and said despite such challenges, grassroots-level democracy has flourished in the volatile region.
- “Global Human Rights Update” referred to the law and order in Kashmir where a partial lockdown remains in place more than a year since India ended the special status under Article 370 of the region.
- people in Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir have been enjoying the same fundamental rights as people in other parts of India,” Mr. Pandey said.
- He argued that the decision to end the special status of the region under Article 370 had brought grassroots democracy to the citizens and safeguarded human rights.