Rajnath Singh meets Chinese counterpart Wei in Moscow
- Mr. Singh is on a threeday visit to Russia for the combined meeting of Defence Ministers of the SCO, Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO) and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) Member States in commemoration of the 75th anniversary of victory in the Second World War.
- The meeting comes amid the ongoing four month standoff in eastern Ladakh after the ingress of Chinese troops into Indianheld territory along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) at several locations and undertook a massive military build-up.
- Addressing the meeting, Mr. Singh emphasised that “peaceful, stable and secure region of SCO member states, home to over 40% of the global population, demands a climate of trust and cooperation, nonaggression, respect for international rules, sensitivity to each other’s interest and peaceful resolution of differences.”.
Innovations ensure food supply to needy during pandemic
- Innovations adopted by the Rajasthan government’s Food and Civil Supplies Department, accompanied by a record procurement of 22 lakh tonnes of wheat, have ensured food supply to the poor and needy people across the State during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A review of the department has revealed that special efforts to feed the hungry have benefited those requiring direct help because of their inability to take care of their food requirement, the NFSA beneficiaries and those who could afford to buy raw materials. The strategies helped open up a supply chain without spreading the virus.
- Among the innovations adopted by the department, nearly 50% of fair price shops provided door to door delivery of wheat and pulses and a dedicated control room working round the clock was established to monitor the grievance of the affected and stranded people.
- The feedback obtained by the consumer helpline from the PDS beneficiaries and dealers, kirana shop owners and wholesalers was analysed daily and improvements made in the system. Mr. Gera said the department’s officers remained in touch on the social media platforms to ensure a smooth running of the entire system.