MINISTERIAL-LEVEL DEFENCE DIALOGUE BETWEEN INDIA AND SOUTH KOREA HELD IN NEW DELHI
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister of National Defence of South Korea Jeong Kyeong-doo held the meeting.
- Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat, Army Chief General Manoj Naravane and Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh were also present in the meeting.
- Defence Minister said, defence engagements between India and South Korea have made immense progress in recent years and India’s Indo-Pacific vision shares many commonalities with South Korea’s New Southern Policy.
ONE IN 10 INDIANS WILL DEVELOP CANCER DURING THEIR LIFETIME: WHO-
- One in 10 Indians will develop cancer in their lifetime and one in 15 will die of it, the International Agency for Research on Cancer’s (IARC) World Cancer Report said.
- The numbers are higher than India’s own internal numbers that say one in nine people have the risk of developing cancer.
- According to the report, 11.6 million new cases of cancer were reported in India & and 7,84,800 people died due to cancer in 2018 & 2.26 million 5-year prevalent cases in India’s population of 1.35 billion.
BHUTAN ENDS FREE TRAVEL FOR INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS. ADD RS 1,200 PER DAY TO YOUR TRIP
- Entry into Bhutan will no longer be free for Indian tourists.
- The Bhutan government passed a legislation imposing an entry fee on tourists from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, according to media reports, the fee will be charged from July 2020.
- The fee is called SDF “Sustainable Development Fees” in order to regulate a new tourism policy (tourism facilities, better infrastructure).
DEFEXPO 2020, A FLAGSHIP BIENNIAL EVENT OF THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, IS BEING HELD FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LUCKNOW (UTTAR PRADESH)
- This is the 11th edition of DefExpo – a mega defence exhibition.
- The main theme of the DefExpo India- 2020 is ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’ and the focus will be on ‘Digital Transformation of Defence’.
- The10th edition of the event was held at Chennai (Tamil Nadu) in 2018.