India, China hold talks, agree to resolve differences peacefully
- Both sides agreed “to handle their differences through peaceful discussion bearing in mind the importance of respecting each other’s sensitivities, concerns and aspirations and not allow them to become disputes”, the Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement.
- The MEA said both sides noted the “consensus reached by the leaders of the two countries, that peaceful, stable and balanced relations between India and China will be a positive factor for stability in the current global situation”.
China appoints new commander
- China has appointed a new Army commander, Lieutenant General Xu Qiling, to oversee the People’s Liberation Army Ground Force on the India border, amid the ongoing tensions across the Line of Actual Control.
States to decide on reopening of schools
- The State governments will each make their own decisions on when to reopen schools, School Education Secretary Anita Karwal said on Friday, emphasising that the Centre would not intervene in the issue.
- The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development has prepared guidelines for sanitation, quarantine and physical distancing norms to be followed by schools whenever they reopen, she said.
CM declares ₹100 crore relief for Raigad district
- Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Friday announced an immediate relief of ₹100 crore for Raigad district that has been ravaged by cyclone Nisarga.
- CM said additional manpower would be sent to Raigad for restoration work. He also said while clearing the trees, there is a possibility of having some animal beneath, and hence, one should be careful.