HOME MINISTRY SANCTIONED RS 100 CRORE TO SET UP WOMEN HELP DESKS IN POLICE STATIONS-
- The money will be used from the Nirbhaya Fundfor setting up women help desks in police stations in all states and Union Territories (UT) across the country.
- The women help desks will be focused on making police stations more women friendly and approachable.
- Women police officers will be deployed at the help desks which would be the first and single point of contact for any woman walking into a police station.
- Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA)–
- Founded- 15 August 1947
- Headquarters- New Delhi.
- Union minister- Shri Amit Shah.
- Minister of State(MoS)- G.Kishan Reddy and Nityanand Rai.
IAF CHIEF RKS BHADAURIA PARTICIPATED IN PACS 2019 HELD IN HAWAII, US-
- On December 4, 2019 Pacific Air Force Chiefs Conference (PACS-2019) was held at the American military base in Pearl Harbour in Hawaii, United States(US).
- Air chiefs of the Air forces of various countries participated in the conference. Representing India, Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria participated in the conference.
- Theme- The theme of the conference for the year 2019 is ‘Collaborative approach towards Regional Security’
IIT RESEARCHERS TO CREATE ‘GANDHIPEDIA–
- Two IITs and the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) have joined hands to develop ‘Gandhipedia’.
- This will be an online repository of books, letters and speeches written by Mahatma Gandhi, to commemorate his 150th birth anniversary.
- The entire project will be done with the help of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
ISRO TO SET UP SPACE TECHNOLOGY CELLS IN INDIAN PREMIER ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE COLLEGES-
- The Indian Space Agency aims to build new applications, conduct space research, and high-end technology.
- ISRO has established STCs at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) campuses in, Bombay, Kanpur, Madras and Kharagpur, Bengaluru’s Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and at the Joint Research Programme with Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU).
- Apart from IITs in Bombay, Kanpur, Madras, and Kharagpur, ISRO is working with IISc and Pune University.
Indian Space Research Organisation-
Founder- Vikram Sarabhai
Founded- 15 August 1969
Director- Kailasavadivoo Sivan
ARMED FORCES FLAG DAY IS OBSERVED ON 7TH OF DECEMBER EVERY YEAR ACROSS THE COUNTRY-
- This day is observed to honour the martyrs and Armed Forces personnel, who safeguard the motherland.
- The day provides an opportunity to express gratitude to the nation towards forces guarding the borders and their families.
- The fund collected on this day is used for the welfare of the serving personnel and ex-servicemen.
- The day reminds that the welfare of the soldiers and their families is the responsibility of the entire nation.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA LAUNCHED NATIONAL CLEAN AIR PROGRAMME–
- The Central Government launched the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) as a long-term, time-bound, national-level strategy to tackle the air pollution problem.
- The government is targeting to achieve 20 per cent to 30 per cent reduction in Particulate Matter PM10 and PM2.5concentrations by 2024 keeping 2017 as the base year for the comparison of concentration.
- Under NCAP, 102 non-attainment cities have been identified based on ambient air quality data for the period 2011 – 2015 and WHO report 2014 – 2018.
COAST GUARD CAN NOW VISIT, BOARD, SEARCH AND SEIZE SUSPICIOUS VESSELS-
- The Indian Coast Guard has been given powers under the Coast Guard Act to board, search any vessel and arrest people for offences within the maritime zone of the country, Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar said.
- The maritime security agency earlier did not had the power to board any vessel passing through India’s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).
Indian Coast Guard-
Director General- Director General Krishnaswamy Natrajan, PTM, TM
Headquarters- New Delhi
Founder– Parliament of India