Kerala is home to all 3 Indian Cities in Top 10 Fastest-Growing in the world-
- An agreement between India and Mauritius on cooperation in electoral management was renewed recently.
- The memorandum of understanding, which was in existence from April 2013 to April 2018, was renewed between the two sides at Port Louis, the capital city of Mauritius, a Commission spokesperson said.
- The MoU was signed by Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora and Mohd Irfan Abdool Rahman, Electoral Commissioner of Mauritius.
India’s 1st Indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant to be commissioned by early 2021
- The manufacturing of the country’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant is currently under phase three which involves setting to work of machinery and other equipment.
- It is likely to be commissioned by early 2021.
- The nearly 40,000-tonne carrier is being built at the Cochin Shipyard (CSL) in Kochi.
- Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh on December 3 had said that Vikrant will be fully operational by 2022 and it will have a fleet of MiG-29K aircraft.
Government approves over Rs 5000 crore fund for north east natural gas grid project
- The Government has approved ‘Viability Gap Funding’ worth Rs 5559 crores to set up a natural gas pipeline grid in the North East.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs gave its approval to the project on January 8, 2020.
- The Natural Gas Pipeline Grid will be developed in the eight states of the north east including Sikkim and the seven sisters- Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
Indian Navy continues to maintain presence in Gulf Region Under OP Sankalp amid tensions
- Amid the deteriorating security situation in the Middle East, the Indian Navy said it continues to maintain its presence in the Gulf region as part of its ‘Operation Sankalp.
- Operation Sankalp was initiated earlier 2019 to ensure security of sea-borne trade and the safety of Indian Flag Merchant Vessels transiting through the region.
- The Navy said that the operation is being progressed in close coordination with all stakeholders including