Massive Chinese buildup on north bank of Pangong lake
- As Indian troops are engaged in a standoff on the south bank of Pangong Tso (lake) for the past week, a massive build up had again begun in the Finger area of the north bank.
Travel and tourism may lose ₹5 lakh crore: study
- The Indian travel and tourism industry, one of the worstimpacted sectors by the COVID19 pandemic.
- “The entire value chain linked to travel and tourism is likely to lose around ₹5 lakh crore, or $65.6 billion, with the organised sector alone likely to lose $25 billion,”.
- “The figures are quite alarming and the industry needs immediate measures for survival,”
- The industry accounts for 9.2% of India’s GDP and employs 8% of the population, with a total foreign exchange contribution of about $28 billion.