NAVAL VARIANT OF LCA TEJAS SUCCESSFULLY CONDUCTS NIGHT TIME ARRESTED LANDING, NEXT LANDING ON AIRCRAFT CARRIER-
- Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully carried out a night-time ‘arrested landing’.
- In September DRDO had carried out the first “arrested landing” of the two-seater LCA (Navy) Tejas at a shore-based facility in Goa.
Arrested Landing– Through this an Aircraft is capable to land on a very short runway available on an Aircraft Carrier.
- HAL Tejas is an Indian single-engine, delta wing, multirole light fighter designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.
- It came from the Light Combat Aircraft programme, which began in the 1980s to replace India’s ageing MiG-21 fighters.
INDIA SET TO HOST 2019 WORLD KABADDI CUP FROM DECEMBER 1 TO 9
- Nine teams — India,USA, Australia, England, Sri Lanka, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan and Canada — are expected to take part in the tournament.
- The inauguration of the event will be held on December 1 at Guru Nanak Stadium, Sultanpur Lodhi.
- This year’s tournament will be dedicated to the 550th birth anniversary of Sikh guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji.
INDIAN SCIENTIST WINS ‘BRICS-YOUNG INNOVATOR PRIZE’ WORTH RS 18 LAKH
- India got this award in the fourth BRICS-Young Scientist Forum (YSF) – 2019 held from November 6 to 8 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- The Prize was awarded to Ravi Prakash, PhD scholar of ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Bangalore.
- He invented an affordable indigenously designed milk chilling unit for small to marginal rural dairy farmers.
- Acronym coined for an association of five major emerging national economies:Brazil,Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- About 23.2% of the gross world product, combined GDP (PPP) of around US$40.55 trillion (32% of World’s GDP PPP).
12 POTENTIAL ASTRONAUTS SELECTED FOR TRAINING IN RUSSIA FOR THE GAGANYAAN MISSION
- Out of the 12 selected from the Indian Air Force seven has to go to Russia for training in PHASE 1.
- ISRO has announced the deadline as December 2022 for the launch of Gaganyaan.
- Gaganyaan is an Indian 1st manned space mission.
- ISRO will send three Indians for a seven-day journey into space for the first time in this mission.
- About 10 thousand crore rupees will be spent on this mission.
BRAZILIAN PRESIDENT BOLSONARO TO BE CHIEF GUEST AT INDIA’S REPUBLIC DAY CELEBRATIONS IN 2020
- Bolsonaro has accepted Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s invitation for the same.
- Both leaders met on November 13 on the sidelines of the 11th BRICS Summit held in Brasilia (Brazil).
President– Jair Bolsonaro
Currency- Brazilian real
CHANDRAYAAN 3: INDIA’S SECOND ATTEMPT TO LAND ON THE MOON PLANNED FOR NOVEMBER 2020
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced their intention to send a second mission to soft-land on the Moon by November 2020.
- According to reports Chandrayaan 3 will not feature an orbiter of its own.
- ISRO’s first and recent attempt, which went awry on 7 September after a loss of communication with the landing module (consisting of a lander and a rover) resulted in a partial failure of the Chandrayaan 2 mission.
Indian Space Research Organisation
Founder- Vikram Sarabhai
Founded- 15 August 1969
LARGEST FDI PROJECT OF INDIAN RAILWAYS-INDO FRENCH COLLABORATION
- Madhepura Electric Locomotive Pvt. Ltd. (MELPL), a joint venture of Indian Railways and M/s Alstom.
- MELPM will manufacture 800 electric locomotives for freight services with the foreign investment of 3.5 billion Euros.
- Under the agreement, around 10 locomotives are to be delivered by the end of 2019-20 financial year and 100 locomotives by the end of March 2021.
- More than 300 engineers from India and France are working on the project currently.
- Alstom SA is a French multinational company operating worldwide in rail transport markets.