TRACE BRIBERY RISK MATRIX 2019: BANGLADESH TOPS THE LIST IN SOUTH ASIA
- Bangladesh’s total risk score was 72 in this index which is two points higher than the previous year.
- Bangladesh ranked 178 that means a stronger risk of bribery in the country.
- India stands on 78th rank.
- The Trace Matrix evaluates all countries under four different parameters that include –
- Business interaction,
- Civic society oversight
- Anti-bribery deterrence.
- Afghanistan (168) and Pakistan (153) are other countries where bribery risk is high in South Asia.
DUTEE CHAND NAMED IN TIME 100 NEXT LIST-
- TIME 100 Next is a new expansion of the TIME 100 list of the most influential people in the world.
- The list highlights 100 rising stars who are shaping the future of business, entertainment, sports, politics, health, science and activism.
- “PUMA was the first brand that came forward to sign me as their brand ambassador in India said Dutee.
- Time is an American weeklynews magazine and news website published in New York City.
- It was founded in 1923 and originally run by Henry Luce.
AMAZON LAUNCHES ‘PROJECT ZERO’ IN INDIA TO BLOCK COUNTERFEIT GOODS-
- This will be implemented to ensure that customers receive authentic goods when shopping on Amazon.
- Over 7,000 brands have already enrolled in Project Zero across US, Europe and Japan.
- Dharmesh M Mehta, Amazon’s vice president of worldwide customer trust and partner support told about this initiative.
It does so through three powerful tools-
- Automated protections
- Service counterfeit removal tool
- Product serialization.
NATIONAL PRESS DAY IS BEING OBSERVED ACROSS INDIA ON NOVEMBER 16 EVERY YEAR
- This day is observed to commemorate the establishment of the Press Council of India which was formed in 1966.
- National Press Day is the symbol of a free and responsible press in India as Press Council Of India acts as a moral watchdog for media.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar extended his greetings to the media fraternity on the occasion of National Press Day.
- The Press Council of India started functioning on November 16, 1966.
WITH AQI OF 527, DELHI ‘MOST POLLUTED CITY’ IN WORLD: AIR VISUAL DATA REPORTS
- nine consecutive days.
- After Delhi and Lahore, Tashkent in Uzbekistan at 185 count was at third.
- India’s financial capital, Mumbai is in the ninth place with an AQI of 153 and the dubious Top 10 concludes with Kathmandu in Nepal at 152.
- IQAirVisual data gathers air-quality data globally.
- It is updated frequently, so the Air Quality Index (AQI) count and the ranking changes during the day.
BILL GATES OVERTAKES JEFF BEZOS TO RECLAIM HIS SPOT OF WORLD’S RICHEST PERSON
- Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates overtook Amazon.com Inc.’s Jeff Bezos as the world’s richest person.
- This happened as Pentagon’s surprise decision announced Oct. 25 to award a $10 billion cloud-computing contract to Microsoft over Amazon.
- Bezos would be far richer if he and MacKenzie Bezos hadn’t divorced.
ARADHYA GARG AND SHRISHTI PANDEY NATIONAL JUNIOR CHAMPIONS 2019- ALL INDIA CHESS FEDERATION
- Aradhya Garg and Srishti Pandey wins 49th National Junior open and 34th National Junior girls
- Aradhya beat the overnight sole leader Koustav Chatterjee in the final round to win the tournament with a score of 9.0/11.
- Srishti Pandey drew her last round game to clinch the champion by finishing a full point ahead of the competition at 9.0/11.