India will protect every inch of its territory, says PM
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said India would “firmly protect every inch of the country’s land and its selfrespect,” a day after the Army announced 20 soldiers were killed by Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley of Ladakh.
- Situation in eastern Ladakh was now “calm but tense”, with four critically injured soldiers “stable” but some soldiers were still unaccounted for after fierce clashes with Chinese troops. Also, in the light of the unprecedented incident, the Army is said to have revised the rules of engagement along the Line of Actual Control.
You are shooting messengers, doctors and paramedics: SC
- The Supreme Court slammed the Delhi government for choosing to “shoot messengers, doctors and paramedics” who brought the dismal truth about its COVID-19 hospitals to light, rather than making an effort to “redeem itself”.
- “Doctors, paramedics are warriors. The fight against this pandemic is like a war. They need support. But you are only interested in filing FIRs. The solution is not threatening doctors. We will not permit that to happen,” Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul, one of the judges on the Bench led by Justice Ashok Bhushan, orally addressed the Delhi government side.
Health Minister Satyendar Jain, AAP MLA Atishi test positive
- Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA Atishi tested positive for COVID-19.
- Mr. Jain was admitted to Rajiv Gandhi Super Speciality Hospital (RGSSH) due to high grade fever and a sudden drop in oxygen levels on Tuesday. His first test for COVID-19 had come back negative on Tuesday.
- Atishi, who represents the Kalkaji constituency, is under home isolation. She was tested on Tuesday and her report came back positive on Wednesday.