Pakistan to remain in terror ﬁnancing watchdog’s ‘Grey List’
- The International Co-operation Review Group (ICRG) of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) on Tuesday recommended that Pakistan be retained on the ‘Grey List’, given its failure to completely implement the 27 point action plan to check terror ﬁnancing.
- The ﬁnal decision would be announced on Friday, at the end of the ﬁve day FATF Plenary session in Paris, sources aware of the proceedings said.
Steps soon to deal with virus impact
- Disruption in supply of raw materials from China due to the coronavirus outbreak could have a serious impact on several Indian industries, especially the pharma sector, industry leaders told Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman at a consultation on the issue on Tuesday.
- In fact, the pharma sector has suggested that if necessary, active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) could be airlifted to India, sources said. As this would push up prices, industry representatives requested that customs duties be reduced if such a situation arises, said oﬃcials.
At America’s Got Talent, it was V Unbeatable
- After their high energy act, the team stood on stage shaking nervously, waiting for the big announcement. When it came after a hushed silence, there was an explosion of excitement, tears and a standing ovation in the Las Vegas studio. A 34 member dance group from the fringes of Mumbai, V Unbeatable, had won America’s Got Talent: The Champions Season 2.
₹2,000 crore allocated for Jewar airport
- The government has allocated ₹2,000 crore for the development of Jewar international airport and ₹9,00 crore has been granted for the DelhiMeerut rapid transit system. Agra Metro will get an allocation of ₹286 crore.
- Finance Minister Surinder Khanna has proposed building of two universities in Saharanpur and Aligarh respectively. An expressway will be built from Meerut to Prayag. Called Ganga Expressway, it is said to be a pet project of the Chief Minister.
- The Finance Minister also announced that women working in night shift can call 112, and a police van with a female constable will drop them home.