No need to audit PM CARES: SC
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday endorsed the PM CARES Fund as a “public charitable trust” to which donors contribute voluntarily.
- There is “no occasion” for the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) to audit a public charitable trust independent of budgetary support or government money.
- “At this need of the hour no exception can be taken to the constitution of a public charitable trust, namely, PM CARES Fund,” a Bench, led by Justice Ashok Bhushan, observed in a 75page judgment.
Farm exports rise 23% to ₹25,553 cr. in March-June
- To promote farm exports, a “comprehensive action plan” has been prepared under which ‘Export Promotion Forums’ are being created and existing agriclusters strengthened besides identifying certain destinations for promotion of agricultural exports, the Ministry said in a statement.
- Promotion of farm exports is extremely important not only for earning precious foreign exchange for the country but also for achieving the goal of an ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat,’ for which selfreliant agriculture is critical, it added. “Even during the difficult time of pandemic lockdown, India took care not to disturb the world food supply chain and continued to export”.
- Clear and proactive interventions’ are required to be taken to ensure India becomes a top exporting nation in agriculture commensurate with the production.