Health Ministry issues new guidelines for workplaces
- With the easing of the lockdown measures and with more offices/workplaces starting operations, the Ministry directed that anyone diagnosed as a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19 should immediately inform the office authorities and isolate themselves.
- While there was no need to close the entire office building/halt work if one or two cases were detected, a large outbreak would require that the building be shut down for 48 hours and disinfected, it stated.
- The guidelines make it mandatory to maintain a physical distance of at least one metre to be followed at all times along with use of face covers/masks.
A.P. gas leak: SC declines to interfere with NGT order
- The Supreme Court did not interfere on Tuesday with an order passed by the National Green Tribunal (NGT), which ordered LG Polymers to pay ₹50 crore as interim compensation for the gas leak at its Visakhapatnam plant and set up a five member fact finding committee to inquire into the incident leading to the death of several innocents.
Application window open for JEE-Main
- The application window for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)Main will be reopened from May 19 to 24, according to a notice from the National Testing Agency on Tuesday. Students who had previously applied but now wish to change their centres can also do so between May 25 and 31.
- The examination was scheduled to begin on April 3. It was postponed due to the lockdown and will be held from July 18-23.