Industries hobbled by curbs on mobility of men, material
- Almost half of the industries which have been allowed to reopen still face hurdles in obtaining permits to function and passes for employees, according to a Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) survey.
- The industry group demanded that businesses should be allowed to function without need of permits in noncontainment areas, with workers allowed to commute to work in their own vehicles on the basis of a letter issued by the employer without need of a government pass.
- CII suggested that permits may be granted on a self certification basis by State governments, at least in areas which are not hotspots of infection.
Australia cancels premier air exercise
- Australia has informed India that its premier multilateral air combat training exercise — Pitch Black 2020 — scheduled from July 27 to August 14 has been cancelled due to the COVID19 situation.
- Chief of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), in a letter to Air Chief Marshal R.K.S. Bhadauria.
- The exercise is also an opportunity to interact with forces from across the globe, a second defence source said. The next edition of Pitch Black is scheduled for 2022.