PM reviews LAC standoff with NSA, CDS and 3 Service Chiefs
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday reviewed the current situation on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and the ongoing standoff with China with National Security Adviser Ajit Doval, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Gen. Bipin Rawat and the three Service Chiefs, multiple sources said. The meeting comes a day before the biannual Army Commanders conference.
Be prepared, says Xi Jinping
- Chinese President Xi Jinping called on the military “to think about worst case scenarios” and “scale up battle preparedness”. He made the remarks during his annual meeting with the People’s Liberation Army’s representatives attending the National People’s Congress in Beijing.
No WHO bar on India testing HCQ as preventive’
- The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) moratorium on testing hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), the controversial antimalarial drug, for treating COVID-19, which was announced on Monday, doesn’t imply that India should pause testing the drug as a preventive, Dr. Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist.
Ensure transport, food for migrants, SC tells Centre, States
- The court ordered the Centre and the States to immediately provide transport, food and shelter free of cost to the stranded migrant workers.
- “Adequate transport arrangement, food and shelters are immediately to be provided by the Centre and the State governments free of cost. Although the Government of India and the State governments have taken measures yet there have been inadequacies and certain lapses.”