EU MOVES RESOLUTIONS AGAINST INDIA OVER CAA, KASHMIR-
- After Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan’s relentless global campaign against India over the Citizenship Amendment Act and reorganisation of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The European Union (EU) parliament has decided to pressurize New Delhi.
- Out of 751 members of the EU Parliament, 626 have moved six resolutions on both the issues.
- The diplomatic offensive by the EU against India comes ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Brussels for the India-EU summit in March.
INDIAN RAILWAYS COMMISSIONS FIRST WASTE TO ENERGY PLANT IN BHUBANESWAR-
- Indian Railways has commissioned India’s 1st governmental waste-to-energy plant in Mancheswar Carriage Repair workshop at Bhubaneswar under the East Coast Railway zone.
- It has been built at a cost of Rs 1.79 crore and has the capacity to dispose of 500 kg waste, including plastic and e-waste.
- This waste-to-energy plant uses a patented technology called ‘Polycrack’,which is the world’s first patented heterogeneous catalytic process.
- This process will produce energy in the form of light diesel oil which is used to light furnaces.
GOVT SEEKS TO SELL 100% STAKE IN AIR INDIA AS FIRM UNDER HEAVY DEBT-
- The divestment of Air India restarted with the government seeking to sell 100 per cent of its equity share capital in the state-owned airline, including AI Express Limited .
- The sale will be implemented through the open bidding route, with March 17 being set as the deadline for interested parties to submit their bids.
- Those interested in bidding for Air India must have a net worth of ₹3,500 crore.
- AI’s debt is slashed from Rs 62,000 crore to Rs 23,286 crore.
- Ernst & Young Global Limited (EY) acts as transaction advisor for Air India disinvestment process.
ASSAM’S TABLEAU ADJUDGED BEST AMONG STATES, UTS IN REPUBLIC DAY PARADE-
- Assam’s tableau has been adjudged the best among the 16 states and union territories that participated in the Republic Day parade.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh awarded Assam for the best tableau, which was based on the theme ‘Land of Unique Craftsmanship and Culture’.
- The tableaux of Odisha and Uttar Pradesh were named joint second best, a defence ministry release said.