1. The lowest rainfall in the world is recorded in the desert of:
2. The lowest temperature in India is recorded at:
3. The highest annual ranges of temperature is recorded at:
(B) Ulan Bator
4. Hail generally forms within the:
(A) Cirrus clouds
(B) Cumulnimbus clouds
(C) Nimbus clouds
(D) Stratus clouds
Answer: Cumulnimbus clouds
5. Which of the following are not mammals?
(A) Lion-fish and whales
(B) Mackerel and tunny
(C) Cowfish and dolphins
(D) Dolphins and whales
Answer: Mackerel and tunny
6. The widest continental shelf is found in the:
(A) Arctic Ocean
(B) Atlantic Ocean
(C) Indian Ocean
(D) Pacific Ocean
Answer: Arctic Ocean
7. The highest salinity is found in which of the following lakes?
(B) Dead Sea
(C) Lake Van
(D) Sambhar Lake
Answer: Lake Van
8. The highest tides in the world occur in the:
(A) Gulf of Funday
(B) Gulf of Fuinea
(C) Gulf of Mexico
(D) Gulf of Carpentaria
Answer: Gulf of Funday
9. The Gulf of Papua lies in the:
(A) North Pacific Ocean
(B) South Pacific Ocean
(C) North Atlantic Ocean
(D) South Atlantic Ocean
Answer: South Pacific Ocean
10. Which one of the following is not a carnivore?
11. International Tsunami Information Centre is in:
12. Area of Indian coastline which is vulnerable to storm surges, cyclones and Tsunamis is:
(A) 5700 km
(B) 4700 km
(C) 3700 km
(D) 2700 km
Answer: 5700 km
13. The Chairman of the National Disaster Management Authority is:
(A) Human Resource Development
(B) Prime Minister
(C) Home Minister
(D) Vice President
Answer: Prime Minister
14. The term “Cyclone” is derived from:
(A) Latin Word
(B) French Word
(C) Greek Word
(D) Chinese Word
Answer: Greek Word
15. In which month in India, floods are likely to occur?
16. Tsunamis can occur only during:
(C) Any time in day or night
Answer: Any time in day or night
17. United Nations Disaster Management Team is responsible for solving problem resulting from disaster in:
(D) in all continents
18. How many of 35 Indian States and Union Territories are disaster prone?
19. Number of human live lost during 1980-2010 due to natural and induced hazards in India:
(A) 1, 42,265
(B) 1, 56,897
(C) 1, 43,039
(D) 1, 23.987
Answer: 1, 43,039
20. 11-3-2012 marked one year since an earthquake and Tsunami killed thousands of people in:
21. Human eye is most sensitive to visible light of wavelength:
(A) 6050 A
(B) 5500 A
(C) 4500 A
(D) 7500 A
Answer: 5500 A
22. Velocity of light is maximum in:
23. A light year is:
(A) The amount of light given off by the sun in one year
(B) The distance travelled by light in one year in vacuum
(C) The year in which February is of 28 days
(D) Time taken by light to reach the earth from sun
Answer: The distance travelled by light in one year in vacuum
24. A laser is a source of:
(A) Electric current
25. A rear-view mirror of a car is:
(D) None of the above
26. An air bubble in water behaves as:
(A) Divergent lens
(B) Convergent lens
(C) Plane mirror
(D) Plane glass plate
Answer: Divergent lens
27. Rainbow is seen due to:
(A) Interference of thin films
(B) Scattering of sun light
(C) Dispersion of sun light
(D) Diffraction of sun light
Answer: Dispersion of sun light
28. A convex lens is used to correct:
(A) Short-sight defect
(B) Long-sight defect
Answer: Long-sight defect
29. Objects are visible in light due to:
30. Fingerprints on paper are identified by sprinkling fluorescent powder on it and observing it under:
(A) Sun Light
(B) Infrared light
(C) Ultraviolet light
(D) Mercury light
Answer: Ultraviolet light
31. Lighting rods are made of:
32. In an ordinary dry cell, the electrolyte is:
(B) Sulphuric acid
(C) Ammonium chloride
(D) Manganese dioxide
Answer: Ammonium chloride
33. Power is transmitted from a powerhouse on high voltage a.c. because:
(A) The rate of transmission is faster at high voltage\
(B) It is more economical due to less power wastage
(C) The life of the current carrying wire is prolonged\
(D) A precaution against the theft of transmission line
Answer: The rate of transmission is faster at high voltage
34. Best material for permanent magnet is:
35. Frequency of ac mains in India is:
(A) 30 Hz
(B) 60 Hz
(C) 50 Hz
(D) 120 Hz
Answer: 30 Hz
36. Medium frequency band stands for:
(A) 0-300 kHz
(B) 3-30 MHz
(C) 300-3000 kHz
(D) 300-3000 MHz
37. Approximate height of ozone layer above the ground is:
(A) 60-70 km
(B) 59-80 km
(C) 70-100 km
(D) 100-200 km
38. Waves used for telecommunication are:
(A) Visible light
39. The size of an atom is of the order of:
(A) 1 A
(B) 1 fm
(C) 1 nm
D) 1 micron
Answer: 1 A
40. The process of superimposing signal frequency on the carrier wave is known as:
41. Which of the following has the maximum time of revolution around the sun?
42. The galaxy in which we live is:
(A) Spiral galaxy
(B) Ratio galaxy
(C) Irregular galaxy
(D) Regular galaxy\
Answer: Spiral galaxy
43. The name black hole is given because:
(A) It is part of space which has no matter
(B) It is completely made up of carbon
(C) Its gravity is so high that it prevents even light to radiate into space
(D) It is star which does not emit visible radiations
Answer: Its gravity is so high that it prevents even light to radiate into space
44. The wavelength of X-rays is of the order of:
(A) 1 cm
(B) 1 micron
(C) 1 m
(D) 1 A
45. The energy of a photon of wavelength is:
(B) hc/ λ
(C) λ /hc
(D) h λ /c
Answer: hc/ λ
46. One cannot see through fog because:
(A) Fog absorbs light
(B) Light is scattered by the droplets in fog
(C) Light suffers total reflection at the droplets in fog
(D) The refractive index of fog is infinity
Answer: Light is scattered by the droplets in fog
47. Energy in a current carrying coil is stored in the form of:
(A) Electric field
(C) Magnetic field
(D) Dielectric strength
Answer: Magnetic field
48. The twinkling of stars is due to:
(A) The fact that stars do not emit light continuously
(B) Frequent absorption of stars light by their own atmosphere
(C) Intermittent absorption of stars light by earth’s atmosphere
(D) The fact that refractive index of the earth’s atmosphere fluctuates
Answer: The fact that refractive index of the earth’s atmosphere fluctuates
49. Up to which temperature, the mercury thermometer is used for measurement?
(A) 100 C
(B) 212 C
(C) 360 C
(D) 500 C
Answer: 360 C
50. Iron needle floats on the surface of water. Its reason is:
(A) Up thrust of liquid
(C) Surface tension
(D) Gravitational force
Answer: Surface tension
51. Who edited the Vanasvali of the Raja of Kullu princely state?
(a) Captain Harcourt
(b) Alexander Cunningham
(c) William Finch
(d) William Moorcroft
Answer: Captain Harcourt
52. To which category do the Pathyar and Kanhiyara inscriptions of Kangra District of H.P. Containing epigraphically records, belong?
(A) Wood inscriptions
(B) Brass Inscriptions
(C) Rock inscriptions
(D) Cropper inscriptions
Answer: Rock inscriptions
53. Around which Century did the Thakurs and Ranas of lahul come under the control of Chamba princely state?
(A) Fifth or Sixth
(B) Sixth or Seventh
(C) Eight or Ninth
(D) Tenth or Eleventh
Answer: Tenth or Eleventh
54. Which one of the Shimla Hill State is of Shoot of Sirmanur princely state?
55. Which Raja of Suket made Pangna the capital of his state?
(A) Bikram Sen
(B) Madan Sen
(C) Bir Sen
(D) Mahan Sen
Answer: Bir Sen
56. In which year did Lahul and Kullu become British territory?
(A) 1840 AD
(B) 1846 AD
(C) 1853 AD
(D) 1857 AD
Answer: 1846 AD
57. Which of the following Shimla Hill States helped the British Campaign against the Gurukhas around 1814-15 AD?
(D) All of the above.
Answer: All of the above
58. Who helped Raja Ghamand Chand of Kangra to take over the Kangra fort from Jiwan Khan son of Muslim Governor Nawab Saif Ali Khan around 1775 AD?
(A) Jassa Singh Ramgarhia
(B) Jai Singh Kanahiya
(C) Maharaja Ranjit Singh
(D) Dhian Singh
Answer: Jai Singh Kanahiya
59. Which Mughal ruler conferred the title of Chhatrapati upon Raja Kehri Singh of Bushahr?
(C) Shah Jahan
60. Which Raja of Sirmaur princely state shifted the capital of his state from Rajban of Kalsi?
(A) Mahe Parkash
(B) Udit Parkash
(C) Suraj Parkash
(D) Veer Parkash
Answer: Udit Parkash
61. Around which year was consultative body of princes known as Narendra Mandal (Chamber of Princes) set up?
(A) 1858 AD
(B) 1871 AD
(C) 1905 (AD
(D) 1921 AD
Answer: 1921 AD
62. Which raja of Kangra princely state was presumed dead and his funeral rites performed even though he was alive?
(A) Karam Chand
(B) Dharam Chand
(C) Rup Chand
(D) Hari Chand
Answer: Hari Chand
63. To which ancient sage do the Audumbaras trace their orign?
64. What are the Khampas people called in Chamba region of H.P.?
(A) Neondi Khampas
(B) Gharja Khampas
(C) Thava Khampas
(D) Nekhor Khampas
Answer: Thava Khampas
65. In the arrangement evolved by the English after the Anglo Gurukha was which Thakurais were conferred on bushahr State?
(A) Balsan and Sangri
(B) Koti and Madhan
(C) Theog and Ratesh
(D) Khaneti and Delath
Answer: Khaneti and Delath
66. What term is used in the upper Kinnaru region for the narration which is whispered in the ears of the dead body by the Lama ?
67. Who is the author of kinner Pradesh ?
(A) Bansi Ram Sharma
(B) Lal Chand Prarthi
(C) Rahul Sankrityayan
(D) MS Randhawa
Answer: Rahul Sankrityayan
68. Which lake is the source of Parbati river ?
69. What is the total area of Himachal Pradesh ?
(A) 37655 sq. km
(B) 55673 sq. km
(C) 65753 sq. km
(D) 76535 sq. km
Answer: 55673 sq. km
70. Approximately what percentage of toatal area of H.P. falls in Lahul-Spiti District ?
(A) 10 percent
(B) 15 percent
(C) 20 percent
(D) 25 percent
Answer: 25 percent
71. At which place does the Satluj river enter Himachal Pradesh ?
72. In which district of H.p. is Kasol hot water spring ?
73. Which stream/river is fed by Chandra Nahan Glacier ?
74. Which mountain range was known as Manank Prabat in ancient times ?
(C) Pir panjal
75. Among the following which mountain pass joins Kangra and Chamba ?
76. In which District of H.P. is Narsingh Tibba peak ?
77. Near which town of Mandi District of H.P. is Nabai Temple ?
78. According to 2011 census what is the Sex-Ratio in Himachal Pradesh ?
79. Which was the first Thakurai among the Shimla Hill states to set up responsible Government on August 15, 1947 ?
80. Around which year did the H.P. University Shimla come into existence ?
81. Near which town of H.P. is Daranghati sanctuarty ?
(D) Rampur Bushahr
Answer: Rampur Bushahr
82. Which building in shimla was the resisdence of A.O. Hume, who conceived the idea of founding Congress ?
(A) Gorten Castle
(B) Rothney Castle
(C) Richmond Villa
(D) Del villa
Answer: Rothney Castle
83. Around which day does Renuka Fair in Sirmaur District of H.P. begin ?
(A) Ten days before Dushehra
(B) Ten days after Dushehra
(C) Ten days before Diwali
(D) Ten days after Diwali
Answer: Ten days after Diwali
84. Which Buddhist monastery is also known as ‘The Ajanta of Himalayas’ ?
85. Which programme of H.P. Government was renamed as ‘Vikas Mein jan Sahyog’ ?
(A) Gaon Bhi Apna Vikas Bhi Apna
(B) Apna Kam Apna Gram
(C) Gaon Bhi Apna Kam Bhi Apna
(D) Apna Gaon Apna Vikas
Answer: Gaon Bhi Apna Kam Bhi Apna
86. With which princerly court was Nikka Painter assoiciated ?
87. Which of the following temple is built in Pagoda style ?
(A) Hateshwari (Shimla)
(B) Hidimba Devi (kullu)
© Jawalamukhi (kangra)
(D) Shakti Devi (Chhatrari,Chamba)
Answer: Hidimba Devi (Kullu)
88. Which dialect is spoken in Rampur Bushahr and Kotgarh area of H.P. ?
89. Who was the Deputy Speaker of H.P. Vidhan Sabha in 1952 ?
(A) Thakur Karan Singh
(B) Krishan Chander
(C) Jaiwant Ram
(D) Gauri Prasad
Answer: Thakur Karan Singh
90. In which year was H.P. Territorial Council Converted into Legislative Assembly ?
91. Who heads the Himalayan Plant Provisional Government with headquarters at Shimla in 1945 ?
(A) Shiva Nand Ramaul
(B) Raja Durga Singh
(C) Pt. Padam Dev
(D) Bhag Mal Sautha
Answer: Shiva Nand Ramaul
92. What is the theme of folk-song ‘Har’ of Siramaur region and ‘Jhera’ of Bilaspur, Mandi and kangra region ?
93. With which region of H.P. is Kayang dance associated ?
94. Where is the office of Chief Information Commissioner of Himachal Pradesh at Shimla ?
(A) Wield Flower Hall
(B) Armsdale Building
(D) Red Roof
Answer: Armsdale Building
95. At which place in Una District of H.P. a state of Art Industrial area is being devoted ?
96. On which river is Shongton Karchan Hydropower Project ?
97. When was Community Development Programme Launched in H.P. ?
98. Who founded the Nurpur Princely state ?
(A) Jhet Pal
(B) Nag Pal
(C) Bhil Pal
(D) Kailash Pal
Answer: Jhet Pal
99. With which area are ‘Gangi’ and “Mohna’ folk-songs associated ?
100. Which of the following is famous for Trout Fish ?
(A) Deoli (Bilaspur)
(B) Rohru (Shimla)
(C) Dada Siba (Kangra)
(D) renuka (SIrmaur0
Answer: Rohru (Shimla)
101. At which place near Shimla is golf course ?
102. Which place in Bilaspur District of H.P. is known for Herbal Garden ?
(B) Jungle Jhalera
Answer: Jungle Jhalera
103. Which bank has sponsored Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank ?
104. Among the following, at which place in Mandi District of H.P. mining lease has been granted for setting up a cement plant?
105. Which place in SHimla District is known for siking ?
106. On Which issue did Kinkri Devi file a PIL in the H.P. High court in 1987 ?
(A) Illegal quarrying
(C) Displacement of people due to hydel power projects
(D) Environment pollution
Answer: Illegal quarrying
107. Who among the following was given H.P. state level first prize for literature in 1982 for hs work Pahari Chitrakala ?
(A) O.C. Handa
(B) Kishori Lal Vaidya
(C) Piyush Guleri
(D) Shabad Lalit
Answer: Kishori Lal Vaidya
108. What was the number of nominated members in the H.P. Vidhan Sabha constituted in 1967 ?
109. In which Vidhan Sabha Election in H.P. did the BSP win a seat ?
110. Who recorded the highest victory margin in the 2017 H.P. Vidhan Sabha Election ?
(A) Inger Singh Gandhi (Balh)
(B) Mulak Raj (Baijnath)
(C) Vipin Singh Parmar (Sullah)
(D) Vinod Kumar (Nachan)
Answer: Vinod Kumar (Nachan)
111. Who is appointed as new Chiarman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) ?
(A) K. Sivan
(B) K. Madhavan Nair
(C) K. Kasturirangan
(D) Roddam Narshimhan
Answer: K. Sivan
112. Who is the first woman advocate whose name has been recomendes by the collegiums to become the judge of the Supreme Court of India ?
(A) R. Bhanumati
(B) Abhilasha Kumari
(C) Indu Malhotra
(D) Indra Jaisingh
Answer: Indu Malhotra
113. Among the following who has not been awarded Padam Vibhushan in 2017 ?
(A) Sharad Pawar
(B) L.K. Advani
(C) K.J. Yesudas
(D) P.A. Sangma
Answer: L.K. Advani
114. In April 2017 on which route a train between India and Bangladesh was flag off for tial ?
115. Who was awarded dada Saheb Phalka award at the 64th National Film Awards Function ?
(A) Anupam Kher
(B) Rishi Kapoor
(C) K. Vishwanath
(D) Shatrugan Sinha
Answer: K. Vishwanath
116. Among the following which woman have served as judge of Supreme Court of India ?
(A) M. Fathima Beevi
(B) Sujata V. Manohar
(C) Gyan Sudha Mishra
(D) All of the above
Answer: All of the above
117. In the May 2017, on which route Chemical Metro became operational ?
(A) Thirumanglam-Nehru Park
(C) Thirumanglam-St. Thomas Mount
Answer: Thirumanglam-Nehru Park
118. Before elected as President of India, Shri Ramnath Kovind was Governer of which state ?
(C) West Bengal
119. Who is Chief Election Commissioner of India ?
(A) Achal Kumar Joti
(B) T.R. Zeiliang
(C) Om Prakash Rawat
(D) Sunil Arora
Answer: Om Prakash Rawat
120. Where is memorial of APJ Abdul Kalam established ?
(B) Pei Karumbu
Answer: Pei Karumbu
121. Who became the first woman defence minister of India ?
(A) Indira Gandhi
(B) Ambika Soni
(C) Nirmala Sitharaman
(D) Sushma Swaraj
Answer: Nirmala Sitharaman
122. Who received the 2017 Jnanpith Award ?
(A) Raghuveer Chaudhari
(B) Bhalchandra Namade
(C) O.N.V. Kurup
(D) Krishna Sobti
Answer: Krishna Sobti
123. Among the following who has been the Marshal of Indian Air force ?
(A) Subroto Mukerjee
(B) Aspy Engineer
(C) Arjun Singh
(D) P.C. Lal
Answer: Arjun Singh
124. Who is regarded as ‘Father of DNA’ in India ?
(A) P.M. Bhargava
(B) Lalji Singh
(C) Hargobind Khorana
(D) Satyajit Mayor
Answer: Lalji Singh
125. Name the famous scientist who has passed in 2017 ?
(A) Yash Pal
(B) U.R. Rao
(C) P.M. Bhargava
(D) All of the above
Answer: All of the above
126. Representative of which country is elected as Secretary General of SAARC in March 2017 ?
127. Which Indian woman is elected as judge of International Tribunal for Laws of the Sea (ITLOS) in 2017 ?
(A) Sujata V. Manohar
(B) M. Fathima Beevi
(C) R. Bhanumati
(D) Neeru Chaddha
Answer: Neeru Chaddha
128. Who won the ‘Man Booker Prize for Fiction’ of 2017 ?
(A) George Saunders
(B) Paul Auster
(C) Emily Fridlund
(D) Mohsin Hamid
Answer: George Saunders
129. Who is the Prime Minister of Pakistan today ?
(A) Nawaz Sharif
(B) Imran Khan
(C) Mamnoon Hussain
(D) Asif Ali Zardari
Answer: Imran Khan
130. Who is Secretary General of UN ?
(A) Antonio Guterres
(B) Kofi Annan
(C) Parez de Cular
Answer: Antonio Guterres
131. How many countries are member of SAARC ?
132. In which country was 9th BRICS Summit held in 2017?
133. Who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2017 ?
(A) Kazuo Ishiguro
(B) International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
(C) Michael Rosbash
(D) Richard H. Thaler
Answer: International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
134. Recently which countries have announced their withdrawal from UNESCO ?
(A) Pakistan and China
(B) Russia and Iran
(C) USA and Israel
(D) North Korea and South Korea
Answer: Russia and Iran
135. Recently leaked, “paradise papers” are related to :
(A) Investments in secret tax heavens
(B) CIA Secret documents
(C) Documents of KGB
(D) Secret documents of RAW
Answer: Investments in secret tax heavens
136. Which Indian judge has been elected to International Court of Justice (ICJ) ?
(A) Dalveer Bhandari
(B) R.S. Pathak
(C) Sir Benegal Rau
(D) Nagendra Singh
Answer: Dalveer Bhandari
137. Name of famous film personalities who passed away in 2017 ?
(A) Om Puri
(B) Vinod Khanna
(C) Shashi Kapoor
(D) All of the above
Answer: All of the above
138. Which of the following statements is correct about sports activities in 2017 ?
(A) Sania Nehwal won Malaysian Masters Grand Prix Gold
(B) Heena Sidhu and Jithu Rai won Gold in air pistol in Shooting World Cup
(C) P.V. Sindhu won Korean Open Super Series
(D) All of the above
Answer: All of the above
139. Which Indian women team regained Asia Cup after 13 years in 2017 ?
(D) Table Tennis
140. How many medals India won in Rio de Janeiro Olympics, 2016 ?
141. What does article 21A of the Indian Constitution deal with ?
(A) Free and compulsory education to all children aged 6-14 years
(B) Equal pay for equal work
(C) To facilitate Swach Bharat Campaign
(D) Freedom from exploitation
Answer: Free and compulsory education to all children aged 6-14 years
142. Among various types of questions asked during Questions Hours in Parliament, ‘Starred Question’ is related to what ?
(A) They are to be answered in writing
(B) These questions are to be answered orally
(C) They are to be answered after one week
(D) None of the above
Answer: They are to be answered in writing
143. Who is sole authority to decide, whether a bill is money bill or not ?
(A) Speaker Lok Sabha
(B) Chairman Rajya Sabha
(C) Finance Minister
(D) Prime Minister
Answer: Speaker Lok Sabha
144. Who is known as First Law Officer of the Government of India?
(A) Chief Justice of Supreme Court
(B) Law Minister
(C) Solicitor General
(D) Attroney General
Answer: Attroney General
145. What exclusive power does article 312 of The Constitution of India bestowed upon Rajya Sahba?
(A) To introduce a bill for the creation of new All India Services
(B) To change the boundaries of State
(C) To elect Chief Justice of Supreme Court
(D) None of the above.
Answer: To introduce a bill for the creation of new All India Services
146. Chapter –IV A of the Constitution deals with:
(A) Fundamental Rights
(B) Fundamental Duties
(C) Directive Principles of State Policy.
(D) Amendment Process.
Answer: Fundamental Duties
147. When was world Trade Organization established ?
148. Who was first Governor General of Independent India.
(B) S. Radhakrishnan
(C) Rajendra Prasad
(D) Lord Mountbatten
Answer: Lord Mountbatten
149Who was the Speaker of First Lok Sabha?
(A) G.V. Mavalankar
(B) Sardar Hukam Singh
(C) Anant Shyaman Ayyangar
(D) Balaram Jakhar
Answer: G.V. Mavalankar
150. Who elect Vice President of India?
(A) President and Prime Minister
(B) Member Lok Sabha
(C) Member Rajya Sabha
(D) Members of Parliament in Joint Sitting.
Answer: President and Prime Minister
151. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
Center of : leader Revolt in 1857
(A) Lucknow : Maulvi Ahmadullah Shah
(B) Delhi : Kunwar Singh
(C) Arrah : Nana Saheb
(D) Kanpur : Khan Bahadur Khan
Answer: Lucknow : Maulvi Ahmadullah Shah
152. During the tenure of which of the following Viceroys did the IIbert Bill controversy occur?
(A) Lord Dalhousie
(B) Lord Lytton
(C) Lord Ripon
(D) Lord Dufferin
Answer: Lord Ripon
153. Which of the following nationalist leaders wrote the book poverty and Un British Rule in India?
(A) Surenderanath Banerjee
(B) Dadabhai Naoroji
(C) Balgandadhar Tilak
(D) Lala Lajpat Rai.
Answer: Dadabhai Naoroji
154. Who was the founder of Satya Shodhak Samaj?
(A) Mahatma Jyotirao Phule
(B) Mahadev Govind Ranade
(C) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(D) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
Answer: Mahatma Jyotirao Phule
155. Who was the leader of the Ghadar Movement?
(A) S.A. Dange
(B) Bhagat Singh
(C) Bipin Chandra Pal
(D) Lala Hardayal
Answer: Lala Hardaval
156. Which of the following movements was the first to take place?
(A) Quit India Movement
(B) Civil Disobedience Movement
(C) Swadeshi and Boycott Movement
(D) Non-Cooperation Movement
Answer: Swadeshi and Boycott Movement
157. Which of the following events marks the beginning of the Civil Disobedience Movement?
(A) Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
(B) Dandi March
(C) Chauri-Chaura Incident
(D) Gandhi-Irwin Pact
Answer: Dandi March
158. Who was the General Secretary of the first session of Indian National Congress?
(A) A.O. Hume
(B) Dadabhai Naoroji
(C) M.G. Ranade
(D) W.C. Bonnerjee
Answer: A.O. Hume
159. What is the Indian Council Act, 1909 also known as?
(A) Morley-Mento reforms
(B) Montague-Chelmsford reforms
(C) Regulating Act
(D) Pitts India Act
Answer: Morley-Mento reforms
160. In which year did the Jallianwala Bagh massacre take place?
161. In which year did Mahatma Gandhi establish Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad?
162. What was the name of the journal started by Gandhiji in 1933?
(D) Nav Bharat
163. Where did Mahatma Gandhi launch his first Satyagrah in India?
164. Who said that : “I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence?
(A) Adolf Hitler
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Mao Tse Tung
(D) Subhash Chandra Bose
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
165. Who was the political guru of Mahatma Gandhi?
(A) Motilal Nehru
(B) Lala Lajpat Rai
(C) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(D) Dadabhai Naoroji
Answer: Gopal Krishna Gokhale
166. Which of the following was harshly criticized by Mahatma Gandhi in Hind Swaraj?
(A) Revolutionary Nationalism
(B) Parliamentary form of Government
(D) Caste System
Answer: Parliamentary form of Government
167. According to Mahatma Gandhi the relationship between capital and labour is that of :
(D) Mutual exclusion
168. Whose writings made a deep influence in shaping the ideas of Mahatma Gandhi?
(A) Karl Marx
(B) Leo Tolstoy
(C) Albert Einstein
(D) Bertrand Russell
Answer: Leo Tolstoy
169. What was the most important element of Satyagraha?
170. When did the Indian National Congress adopt the resolution for removal of untouchability from Hinduism?
171. Who wrote historical work Rajtarangini which deals with political history of Kashmir?
172. Which one of the following sites of Indus Valley Civilization is located in India?
(C) Mohenjo Daro
(D) Chanhu Daro
173. Which one of the following statements is true about Buddha?
(A) He did not allow admission of women to sangha.
(B) He recognized existence of soul.
(C) He allowed admission to sangha without any consideration of caste.
(D) He passed away at
Answer: He allowed admission to sangha without any consideration of caste.
174. What is the Charvaka school of philosophy also known as?
175. In which country in the famous temple of Angkor Wat situated?
176. Who wrote the text Amarkosha during the Gupta age?
177. Who came to India from China during the reign of Harshavardhaba (A.D. 606-647)?
(A) Fa Hsien
(C) Ibn Batutah
(D) Hsuan Tsang
Answer: Hsuan Tsang
178. Where is Mughal Emperor Akbar’s tomb situated?
179. Under which Sikh Guru was the Adi Granth finally compiled?
(B) Gobind Singh
(C) Tegh Bahadur
(D) Har Govind
180. Which one of the following Chola rulers got Brihadeshwara temple of Tanjore built?
(A) Rajaraja I
(B) Rajendra I
Answer: Rajaraja – I
181. World Population day falls every on
(A) 7th July
(B) 11th July
(c) 6th August
(D) 11th August 29
Answer: 11th July
182. Forest Research in India is under the jurisdiction of:
183. Cauvery River Water disputes is between :-
(A) India and Pakistan
(B) Punjab and Haryana
(C) Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh
(D) Karnataka Tamil Nadu
Answer: Karnataka Tamil Nadu
184. The conservation project for which of the following species being run at Kedarnath forest of UP ?
(B) Musk deer
(D) Red Panda
Answer: Musk deer
185. What re the three Rs for a clean environment ?
(A) Recycle, Reuse, Redo
(B) Remember, recycle , recreate
(C) Recycle, reuse, reduce
(D) Refer, recreate , redo
Answer: Recycle, reuse, reduce
186. Which energy development agency has launched an ambitious programme to mobilize children as Urja Rakshak ?
(A) Gujarat State Energy
(B) Development Agency
(C) Gujarat Electricity Board
(D) Gujarat Energy Development Agency and Gujarat Electricity Board Delhi Transco power .
Answer: Development Agency
187. The best material for absorption of noise is
(C) Glass Wool
(D) Brick work.
Answer: Glass Wool
188. The female fertility in India is targeted to a limit of
189. Which of these represent the source and sink of river Ganga ?
(B) Gangotri – Varanasi
(C) Gangotri- Gangasagar
(D) Gangotri – Garhwal
Answer: Gangotri- Gangasagar
190. The famous book The Ascent of Man is written by;
(A) J. Bronowski
(B) Charles Darwin
(C) Rachel Carlson
(D) Robin Cook
Answer: J. Bronowski