CM launches Panchvati Yojna for senior citizens
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur today launched ‘Panchvati Yojna’ for senior citizens of rural areas of the State under which parks and gardens would be developed in every Development block with necessary facilities under MNREGA Scheme of Rural Development Department.
- The main objective of this Yojna was to provide opportunity to the elderly people to spend their leisure time in entertainment and strolling in these parks and gardens.
- Chief Minister said that these parks and gardens would be developed on leveled land of minimum one bigha with convergence of MGNREGA, Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) and 14th Finance Commission to enhance the life expectancy keeping in view the health requirements of the senior citizens.
ULBs to benefit from TULIP: UD Minister
- A programme for providing internship opportunities to fresh graduates in all urban local bodies (ULBS) the Union Government recently launched The Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP).
- TULIP has been launched with a vision to equip the youth with problem-solving and critical thinking skills in India’s fast-growing urban ecosystem, stated Urban Development Minister, adding that this will provide a platform to fresh graduates with experiential learning opportunities in urban sector.