Trump invites Modi for G7 summit
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the next G7 summit to be hosted by the U.S
- Sources here indicated that India is studying the gesture and will examine if the invite is aimed at making India a permanent part of the global high table at the G7 or its redesigned shape as G11.
- In the next three years, India is expected to play a key role in global diplomatic arena because of its three year term at the executive board of the World Health Organization which is a crucial responsibility because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Govt. launches app for information on vacant beds in city hospitals
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday launched a mobile app to track and display the availability of beds and ventilators for COVID-19 patients at both private and government hospitals in the city.
- The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store, he said, adding that data related to beds and ventilators at city hospitals can also be accessed on the web on delhifightscorona.in/beds
- Citizens can also call on 1031 to know the bed availability status on SMS.