COVID-19: PM calls for social distancing, people’s curfew
- People were urged to follow a curfew on Sunday(March 22) from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. They were requested to not go out or gather in their societies, and stay at home.
- Amid reports that some were stocking up on food items, the PM said essentials, including medicines, not be hoarded.
- Those above 60 were urged to avoid going out in the next couple of weeks.
- He told people to give up the attitude that all was well or that they would escape the disease
- People should avoid elective surgery or routine checkups to not overburden health services. On Sunday, at 5 p.m., he urged them to express appreciation for those employed in hospitals, airports, railways and police.
- Traders as well as the affluent have been asked to look after the interest of their staff and not penalise them for being not able to attend work due to travel and other restrictions.
Supreme Court orders M.P. floor test today
- The Supreme Court ordered a floor test in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly on March 20, agreeing that uncertainty over whether the Kamal Nath led Congress government enjoys the confidence of the House cannot go on for even another day.
- “The state of uncertainty in Madhya Pradesh must be effectively resolved by issuing a direction for convening a floor test…
National tag for ayurveda institute soon
- The Lok Sabha on Thursday passed a Bill that will accord the Jamnagar based Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda the status of ‘institution of national importance’ by clubbing the cluster of ayurveda institutes at the Gujarat Ayurveda Universities.
Armed forces set up eleven new quarantine facilities
- With coronavirus continuing to spread across the country, the armed forces have set up 11 additional
quarantine facilities, in addition to the four presently in operation, the Defence Ministry said. These facilities can be made operational in 24 to 48 hours
- “There are four such facilities in operation at the moment, at Manesar and Jaisalmer, run by the Army; at Mumbai run by the Navy and at the Hindon air base run by the Indian Air Force (IAF),”
- These facilities are at Jodhpur, Kolkata and Chennai by the Army, at Visakhapatnam and Kochi by the Navy and at Dundigal near Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kanpur, Jaisalmer, Jorhat and Gorakhpur by the IAF.