China lays claim to entire Galwan Valley
- China’s government on Friday said it claimed the entire Galwan Valley, the site of the June 15 clash on the border, including areas that are currently on India’s side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- In a statement, the Foreign Ministry accused India of “unilaterally building roads, bridges and other facilities in the Galwan Valley region” and said “the Galwan Valley is located on the Chinese side of the LAC in the western section of the Sino-Indian border”.
- This area was the site of a clash on June 15 that claimed the lives of at least 20 Indian soldiers in the worst violence on the border since 1967. In the valley, the LAC runs east of the confluence of the Galwan and Shyok rivers.
Haryana caps rate for COVID19 test at ₹2,400
- Haryana government on Friday capped the rate for COVID19 Rt-PCR test at ₹2,400, including all taxes and expenses, reducing it from the earlier ₹4,500.
- The orders said no private laboratory should charge any amount more than ₹2400 for Rt-PCR test for COVID19, inclusive of GST/Taxes, if any, cost involved in pick up, packing and transportation of samples, documentation and reporting in Haryana.
KCR announces ₹5 crore aid, job to kin of Santosh Babu
- The Telangana government has announced a relief of ₹5 crore, a residential plot and a job in its Group I services to the wife of Col. Santosh Babu who was killed in the faceoff with Chinese forces.
- The government would give ₹10 lakh each to 19 soldiers who were killed along with Col. Santosh Babu in the Galwan Valley.