Country’s ﬁrst coronavirus infection conﬁrmed in Kerala
- India, on Thursday, reported its ﬁrst positive case of the novel coronavirus (nCoV) from Kerala with a girl student, who was studying in Wuhan University and had travelled to India, testing positive for the virus.
- A Union Health Ministry statement said the “student is in isolation at the hospital. The student is stable and is being closely monitored.”
IRDAI panel for daily premium payments for microinsurance
- An IRDAI committee on microinsurance has made multiple recommendations towards improving the reach and penetration of such products by way of providing a daily premium payment option to the customers among other things.
- “There should be an option to pay single premium in daily, fortnightly, monthly and quarterly installments. Customers should be allowed to pay mortality premium in lump sum with remaining premiums to be allowed to be paid in installment,” the committee said in its report.
- The report said microinsurance product beneﬁts should be simple so as to be easily conveyed by the distributor and understood by the customer. The ‘gives and gets’ for the customer should be clearly spelt out.