Centre limits duration of online school sessions
- For Pre-Primary students, not more than 30 minutes a day to be spent by teachers in interacting with parents.
- For classes 1 to 8, not more than two sessions of online classes of 30-45 each can be held.
- For classes 9 to 12, not more than four sessions of online classes of 30-45 minutes each can be held.
- Teachers are recommended to adopt the academic calender of NCERT at http://ncert.nic.in/aac.html
- instant messaging groups/emails involving parents to be used for sharing important information and resources.
- Teachers are instructed to make students aware of Cyber bullying.
India dropped for not involving actively in rail project, says Iran
- Iran dropped India from the Chabahar rail project because of “absence of active Indian engagement,” Iranian sources said on Tuesday.
- Iran remains open to all, including India, for collaboration and investment but Tehran expects future projects should be safeguarded from third party unilateral sanctions.
- Though India secured exemption for the Chabahar port from U.S. sanctions, bilateral ties with Iran took a hit in February after the riots in Delhi drew condemnation from Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif.
ICMR caution on itolizumab, tocilizumab
- There is yet no evidence from trials that itolizumab and tocilizumab, two drugs, one of which has been developed by Bengalurubased Biocon Biologics, reduce death in severely ill COVID19 patients, Director General of the ICMR Balram Bhargava said at a Health Ministry press briefing on Tuesday.
- Both drugs are labcloned antibodies, and work at thwarting or reducing a rush of chemicals called proinflammatory cytokines that are released by the immune system to counter the coronavirus attack on lung cells.