HCS Exam / Haryana Civil Services Exam 2018
HCS Exam / Haryana Civil Services Exam 2018 is a combined competitive examination for recruitment to the following given services and is held by the Haryana Public Service Commission(Haryana PCS is also known as Haryana Civil Services Exam) at Chandigarh.
HCS (Ex.Br.) & Other Allied Services Exam Eligibility Criteria:
|Sr.No||Name of Post||Pay Scale||Posts|
|1||Haryana Civil Service (Exec. Branch)||Rs.15600-39100 + GP 5400||48|
|2||D.S.P||Rs.9300-34800 + GP 5400||07|
|3||Distt. Food and Supplies Controller||Rs.9300-34800 + GP 5400||01|
|4||Excise and Taxation Officer||Rs.9300-34800 + GP 5400||11|
|5||‘A’ Class Tehsildar||Rs.9300-34800 + GP 5400||18|
|6||Assistant Registrar Co-operative Societies||Rs.9300-34800 + GP 4600||07|
|7||Assistant Excise and Taxation Officer||Rs.9300-34800 + GP 4600||44|
|8||BD and PO Gazetted (un classified)||Rs.9300-34800 + GP 4600||19|
|9||Traffic Manager||Rs.9300-34800 + GP 4600||02|
|10||District Food and Supplies Officer||Rs.6500-9900 + GP 4600||04|
|11||Assistant Employment Officer||Rs.9300-34800 + GP 4600||05|
Aspiring candidates must possess a degree of a recognized University equivalent to the degree of Bachelor of Science, Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, and Bachelor of any technical subject or their recognized equivalent as on the closing date of the filling of form.
The candidates should not be less than 21 years and not more than 42 years (on 1st January of the year of examination.
Note: The age for DSP is – not less than 21 years and nor more than 27 years of age on/before January 1, 2018.
However upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for the candidates belonging to the following
- Scheduled Caste and Backward Class of Haryana Only.
- Un-married female candidates of Haryana Only.
- Scheduled Caste and Backward Class of Haryana Only.
- Employees of Haryana Government (excluding ad-hoc capacity) or Punjab and Haryana High Court or any Court Subordinate to it in the state of Haryana with four years of service in substantive or officiating capacity subject to a limit of three chances in addition to those which he might have availed within the prescribed age limit. The Employees of the Boards/Corporations/Universities/Banks etc. are not eligible for this concession in upper age limit.
- Women whose husbands have been ordered by civil/criminal courts to pay maintenance to
Them; women whose husbands have remarried; widows; women who are legally separated from their husbands or have been divorced; women living separately from their husbands for more than two years because of desertion; wives of serving disabled military personnel and widows of those who were killed in action. Women living separately from their husbands due to desertion will be required to submit with their application an afdavit to the effect that she has been deserted by her husband and has been living separately from him for more than two years and this affidavit should be countersigned by two responsible persons such as member of legislature, Local Bodies including Panchayats and the Bar Association. Where, however, a woman who has re-married she would not be eligible for the above concession in the matter of age.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable for an ex-military person whether he joined military service before or after the declaration of emergency to the extent of his military service added by three years provided he had rendered continuous military service for a period of not less than six months before his release and further provided that he had been released otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency. A disabled military person is entitled to exclude from his age the period from the date he was disabled up to the age of his application or until the end of emergency i.e. 10-01-1968.
- The persons recruited from 01-01-1963 onwards as whole time Cadet instructors in the NCC and who are released after the expiry of their initial/extended tenure will also be entitled to relaxation in age limit for purpose of employment under the State Government. The period of service rendered by them in NCC may be deducted from their actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the prescribed upper age limit of a particular post by more than three years, they may be deemed to be satisfying the condition for appointment to that post in respect of the maximum age. Such of the whole time Cadet instructors in NCC who are released from the NCC before the expiry of their initial/extended tenure would also be given these concessions subject to the conditions that they have served in the NCC for the period of not less than six months prior to their release from the NCC.
The candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 27 years of age on or before 1st Jan of the exam year. However, relaxation for the reserved categories will remain as such given above.
Structure of HCS Exam: The HCS examination consists of THREE Stages:
STAGE ONE: Preliminary Examination: it has Objective Type/ Multiple Choice for screening purpose only. It shall comprise of 2 papers.
|Paper-1||General Studies||100||2 Hours|
|Paper-2||One optional subject to be selected from a list of 19 subjects||100||2 Hours|
STAGE TWO: Mains Examination: The Mains examination is divided into two, the Compulsory papers and the Optional papers.
English: 100 marks
Hindi: 100 marks
General knowledge: 100 marks Syllabus English
Tests In Vocabulary Hindi Composition
Translation Of An English Passage Into Hindi General Knowledge Current Events
- English and English Essay (100 marks)
- Hindi and Hindi Essay (100 marks)
- General Knowledge (100 marks)
- Questions to test the candidate’s capacity to understand and write good English.
- The paper will comprise precis writing expansion, tests in vocabulary and any other form of composition that may be suitable
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
- Explanation of Hindi passage into prose & poetry in the same language.
- Composition (idioms, corrections etc)
- This paper is intended to test the candidate’s knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientist aspect as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- The paper will also include questions of historical, geographical and economic importance, with special reference to Haryana.
- The Viva-voce will be to test the personal qualities of the candidate. This test will be in matters of general interest and is intended to test the candidate’s alertness, intelligence and general outlook.
- Consideration will also be paid to the bearing and physique of the candidate. It will be conducted either in Hindi or in English depending upon the option exercised by a candidate.
Book Counselling & Free Demo Lecture
Rajnath Singh launches ‘Student Police Cadet’ programme, 4 crore students to be associated
nimbus academy for IAS